Contribute
Register

UD3R Setup Sleeps Normally But Will Lose It's "State"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've noticed ever since I installed Lion on my UD3R setup that, while sleep works, if I leave the computer asleep overnight, it will have completely shut down when I try to wake it up.

I can normally sleep the machine and a few hours later press a button on the keyboard to wake it up. But if left for many hours asleep, the keyboard no longer works. When I push the power button, the computer appears to boot from BIOS and continue through a full boot process, affectively trashing the previous state of OS X.

But, like I said, sleep works normally if the computer is left for just a few hours. It's like it's trying to go into a deeper sleep and losing it's state.

Has anyone experienced this?

Just to clarify, I'm on 10.7.2 and I used the UniBeast method with the proper DSDT for my board & BIOS revision. Everything works.

Motherboard
Mac OS X Lion
CPU
Ivy Bridge
Graphics
CPU graphic
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Try uncheck "Wake on Network Access" in Energy Saver Setting. It solves my case. If you check that option, the machine wake up/sleep every two hours and that causes mount/unmount hardware problem. If you check in console , you will see "wake up reason RTC Alarm".

Status
Not open for further replies.