Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I updated my bios from F9 to F11 and downloaded the specific DSDT for my motherboard...

but at reboot I am getting kernel panics.

What am I missing?

What's the "error code" of the KP?
If something like ACPI mentioned, then it could likely be that the DSDT loaded is not "nice" (has errors or actually is not the right file).

If you still have the old DSDT (if named not trashed eg: DSDTold.aml) then you can specify Chameleon to load that old one instead of the standard DSDT.aml at the Chameleon boot prompt by typing:

DSDT=<file>
Uses an alternate DSDT.aml file
(default path: /DSDT.aml /Extra/DSDT.aml)

If not, you should be able to boot with iBoot CD, that ought to enable you to replace the old DSDT.

EDIT: Or, perhaps (never tried this, just thought of it), you might be able to load DSDT onto a USB stick and point to it via path like DSDT=bt(1,0)/DSDT.aml. Assuming USB drive is 2nd HD on system and DSDT is on root of the USB drive.

Else, just specify a file that does not exist eg: DSDT=NoFile.aml

That will then cause the standard DSDT from the BIOS to be read. Might boot (F11 BIOS has the CMOS reset fixed as standard, not sure if other stuff would prevent emergency boot).

Hi,
I have a p55a-ud3 and i updated to bios f11 and have had trouble ever since. Seems to run choppy and has weird issues. Also, when I put the computer sleep the fans rev up. Never did that before the update. Seems like f11 is crap.

joedesu1 said:
Hi,
I have a p55a-ud3 and i updated to bios f11 and have had trouble ever since. Seems to run choppy and has weird issues. Also, when I put the computer sleep the fans rev up. Never did that before the update. Seems like f11 is crap.

There is a GA-P55M-UD2 - F12a on tweaktown- been running it without issues for a week or so. http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28 ... -bios.html

:thumbup: :ugeek:

tonymacx86 said:
joedesu1 said:
Hi,

There is a GA-P55M-UD2 - F12a on tweaktown- been running it without issues for a week or so. http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28 ... -bios.html

:thumbup: :ugeek:

Are these user tweak or gigabyte tweaks? I really cant afford another mb if mine gets messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back