Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Ubuntu Linux entry missing in OpenCore 0.7.0 menu in a Multiboot System with separate drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the mount point for that EFI partition is /Volumes/NO NAME so the command should be edited as follows:

Code:
bless --folder /Volumes/NO\ NAME/EFI/ubuntu/ --label "Ubuntu Linux"
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. As you can see in the attached images: the .disk_label and .disk_label_2x files are created but the volume name does not change either in the OpenCore Picker or using the diskutil list command.
Schermata 2021-08-23 alle 17.04.27.png

Schermata 2021-08-23 alle 17.14.11.png

Any idea about it?
Do you think adding the volume (partition) label using Gparted on Linux will be detected by macOS and OpenCore Picker on startup?

Last edited:
the .disk_label and .disk_label_2x files are created but the volume name does not change either in the OpenCore Picker
Make sure you have set the proper picker attributes as I indicated in post six. Specifically the custom rendered titles. That's required to display the label.
or using the diskutil list command.
That's not relevant for our purposes in this case.
Do you think adding the volume (partition) label using Gparted on Linux will be detected by macOS and OpenCore Picker on startup?
It can be and would show up with the same name on both places. However you want a custom label in OC picker so that's not helpful in this case either. You can change that after if you feel comfortable.

Make sure you have set the proper picker attributes as I indicated in post six. Specifically the custom rendered titles. That's required to display the label.

That's not relevant for our purposes in this case.

It can be and would show up with the same name on both places. However you want a custom label in OC picker so that's not helpful in this case either. You can change that after if you feel comfortable.
Sorry, my mistake...
Selecting the option "Provides custom rendered titles for boot entries" in OpenCore Configurator>Misc>Picker Attributes, as You have already suggested, the problem is solved.
Schermata 2021-08-24 alle 16.11.39.png

Thanks a lot again for supporting me with Your help :)

Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake...
Selecting the option "Provides custom rendered titles for boot entries" in OpenCore Configurator>Misc>Picker Attributes, as You have already suggested, the problem is solved.
View attachment 527730
Thanks a lot again for supporting me with Your help :)
You're welcome!

For me it was troublesome to dualboot, I will never try again… before you begin, ensure that you have backed up your pc. Even though dual or trial booting configuration process is simple, and a lot of mistakes can occur. As happened to me, chaos comes on my pc, and I forgot to back up my most important files. Similarly with backing your contents, consider creating backup of the drive, but this is optional and can be a more complex operation. In your case you should use the chainloading method of an efi bootloader. Also if you need a good place with nice web tools, where you can host your websites have a look on cpanel license.

Last edited:
Even though dual or trial booting configuration process is simple, and a lot of mistakes can occur. As happened to me, chaos comes on my pc, and I forgot to back up my most important files.
Far too many learn this painful lesson after the fact. You should back up your system regularly whether or not you're dual booting or anything else. Chaos loves the unprepared and doesn't discriminate. If you don't back up your data it's only a matter of time until you lose it.

Sorry if I reopen this thread. I have a working multiboot system with Opencore. Today I update Liunux and at the next restart I see another entry in Opencore Gui "NO NAME". To show Linux I use the method with OpenLinuxBoot.efi in drivers. I have looked at my config.plist well but I don't find anything strange. How can I remove "NO NAME from the Opencore GUI?"
boot.png

in BlessOverride I have nothing. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back