Gigabyte GeForce Gt 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm running a Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, Intel I7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Ram and a Samsung 500Gb SSD.

I installed Yosemite using the following Guide. However, I used 3 partitions. 300Gb for MacOs, 100Gb for Windows and 100Gb for Ubuntu. I formatted all partitions to MacOs Extended Journaled to start with and installed Yosemite using the guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-clover-uefi-guide-gigabyte-ga-z77x-ud5h.html

I then booted to my Windows install USB. I deleted the partition I had made for windows and reformatted it, and then installed windows.

I rebooted off my Clover/MacOs usb, and booted into Yosemite. I went to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi as is outlined in the probook guide to multibooting, which I have used before with my probook and successfully gotten Mac Os, Windows and Ubuntu installed on the same SSD using clover.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/143675-guide-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I rebooted and could get into clover and choose Yosemite or Windows. Also when I booted up and hit F12 for boot options at the BIOS Splash Screen, I had two UEFI files to choose from both on the Samsung SSD. One booted straight into windows, the other went to the clover.

Great!!!

Now here's where it all went wrong.

I installed Ubuntu on it's own partition, making sure to install GRUB2 into the same partition as Ubuntu itself. When I rebooted, Ubuntu was the only thing I could boot into. The two UEFI Samsung entries in my boot menu were gone and all that was left was "ubuntu". I booted into Yosemite using my Clover Usb and tried reinstalling clover, deleting the ubuntu folder in the EFI partition but nothing works.

I then booted into ubuntu and tried gptsync /dev/sda to see if the partitions needed to be synchronised, as this is what I had to do when I installed ubuntu on my laptop. It didn't work.

Does anyone know how I can get back clover without having to start again? Or can anyone point out what I did wrong?

I installed Ubuntu on it's own partition, making sure to install GRUB2 into the same partition as Ubuntu itself. When I rebooted, Ubuntu was the only thing I could boot into. The two UEFI Samsung entries in my boot menu were gone and all that was left was "ubuntu". I booted into Yosemite using my Clover Usb and tried reinstalling clover, deleting the ubuntu folder in the EFI partition but nothing works.

I then booted into ubuntu and tried gptsync /dev/sda to see if the partitions needed to be synchronised, as this is what I had to do when I installed ubuntu on my laptop. It didn't work.

Does anyone know how I can get back clover without having to start again? Or can anyone point out what I did wrong?

Same problem here with dual boot Yosemite/ubuntu in the same drive.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *120.0 GB   disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:                  Apple_HFS OSX                     89.5 GB    disk0s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   4: 0FC63DAF-8483-4772-8E79-3D69D8477DE4               28.7 GB    disk0s4[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   5:                 Linux Swap                         999.3 MB   disk0s5[/FONT]

ubuntu boot fine, but Clover don't.

In EFI folder, I have 3 folder: BOOT, CLOVER, ubuntu
In ubuntu folder:
MokManager.efi grub.cfg grubx64.efi shimx64.efi

The problem relates to UEFI.
If ubuntu is installed as a Legacy, Clover is well with Yosemite and ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back