Contribute
Register

Ubermick's Build: i7 3770K//Z77X-UP5-TH //GTX 670 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some USB thumb drives (sticks) don't work with OS X. I've got two cheapies that will not show up with formatted with the Apple MBR, much less see anything on them.

If it's not too late, see if you can exchange the stick(s). If they are readable by SL, then I'm stumped, too, because, other than the will/won't work problem, I haven't had any trouble.

Agree. As I said in my previous note I used a different USB device and it booted right up and within 20 minutes I was fully up and running with no problems

THANKS: Ubermick's Build: i7 2600K//GA-Z68XP-UD3//2GB XFX 68

Ubermick,

Thanks for your post and your rambles. I bought this motherboard and a helpful person in the chat room showed me your thread here, and I'm at the point where I'm getting installs, but then MultiBeast makes them unbootable. I'll get it figured out, first network, then video, then sound, then misc.

Anyway, I appreciate your efforts here.

DoctorDave,
Heal thyself! :lol: See my signature block for links to the tonymacx86 Installation Guides.

To setup your BIOS, the last link will get you there. My Zorro build description will give you the info for setting the appropriate BIOS parameter for HD 3000 integrated graphics.

Thanks, Stork, but you also have the check box in MultiBeast for that network driver thing, and if I install that, I never get back, start over time. I don't know why.

I'll try your 3000 Bios settings... will that really make the onboard graphics work? Thanks again.....

I have a pretty similar build. I was having problems when I updated to Lion 10.7.4. Really what happened was that my computer froze waking from sleep, and when I force powered it down and back on, I lost my BIOS settings.

I was booting with all sorts of boot flags, -v -x PCIRootUID and whatever else I could find. I was getting the error "Still waiting for root device" and "NVClockX: [Warning] no nVidia graphics adapters found" and other NVClockX errors. I thought I was experiencing a graphics card error, as I have an ATI graphics card and it seemed to be looking for an NVidia card. I was trying to get to a point where I could edit the DSDT file, where I thought the problem was, but it would hang on a startup screen, a pseudo gray screen of death. I couldn't get to the DSDT file.

Eventually I figured out that the problem was that I needed to reset my BIOS settings, and once I had reset my SATA drives to AHCI mode in the BIOS (found under "Integrated Peripherals", and reset HPET to 64 bit (under "Power management setup"), I was able to boot back up.

I'm still looking to get the USB3.0 on the front of my case to work, and the wake from sleep works sometimes, but it'd be nice if it worked all the time.

Nice build. I have basically the same exact setup. I am having a lot of problems with stability at this point and am planning to do a reinstall and a downgrade to Snow Leopard for better compatibility with Final Cut Pro 6 (Final Cut Studio 2, i believe)

I was wondering. I have multiple monitors, and also an antec firewire 800 card, and the same bluetooth adapter as you. Is there any way to include these Kext's or drivers in with the DSDT so I can install the correct funtionality with the DSDT, and not have to manually modify the kexts after the fact? I am new to this and I may be stating something that is impossible. Do you have any insight on this?

How's the fan noise on that graphics card?

Sorry for not answering questions, lads - been buried under work, and had some traveling thrown into the mix as well.

Aside from the occasional kernel panic, no real problems with her, although I haven't upgraded to 10.7.4 yet (I'm under deadline at work, and can't afford a day to spend tinkering). I'll go through the thread when I get the chance, and answer any questions I can. (Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!)

Stork, I saw you went through and answered several questions for folks - THANK YOU for that. I owe you a pint or ten if ever we meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back