Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has tried out the new UAD Apollo Twin Duo (a Thunderbolt 2.0 interface) with the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH motherboard.

I'd very much like to make this the crux of a new system running Mountain Lion, so I'm curious if the workaround of booting up into Windows to install the proper Thunderbolt drivers that was mentioned in this thread will also work for this "Mac-only" device...

Thanks! :)

Hello,

I have not tried it yet, looking to buy this MOBO so I can connect devices like these. I'm also interested in your experience with Thunderbolt and this motherboard. I'm looking to buy a secondary computer so I can connect audio and video interfaces like AJA and Black Magic. Are you experiencing any trouble? Also, I want to run 10.8.5, not Maverics, what are you running your Thunderbolt motherboard on?

Many thanks!

Miro

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has tried out the new UAD Apollo Twin Duo (a Thunderbolt 2.0 interface) with the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH motherboard.

I'd very much like to make this the crux of a new system running Mountain Lion, so I'm curious if the workaround of booting up into Windows to install the proper Thunderbolt drivers that was mentioned in this thread will also work for this "Mac-only" device...

Thanks! :)

It works . I have the same setup and had to go through windows to enable the thunderbolt ports. But the system is solid , you will need to turn on the twin before you turn on the computer and you should be all set.

Thanks everyone! I just got my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH (with i7 4700K) up and running 10.9.2. I also connected my old Apogee duet via a Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter and all is working very well. Indeed installing the latest Windows drivers does the trick! (I think that all Thunderbolt devices must be connected and powered before boot in order for Mac OS to recognize them).

I'm thinking of postponing the Apollo Twin for now and instead beef up the system even more with a UAD-2 OCTO PCIe card... There's only a few mentions on the forum about it, so I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any problems with it, or have needed to implement any workarounds in order to achieve full functionality in 64bits?

Once I've tested this system a little longer I'll post my new *awesome* audio system in the user builds section of this forum. Thanks again tonymacx86.com!

UPDATE: the UAD-2 Octo Card works like a charm, and it's super simple to install :)

Hi guys just wanted to know if u have to go through windows to enable thunderbolt everytime u turn the pc on or just once to initiate it at the start?

only need to do it once. :)

Cool Thanks! :)

Hi guys! I need help!

I just completed a GA-Z87X-UD5 TH build but can't get the Apollo Twin Duo inputs to work (except for one of the times I reinstalled the Apollo driver!?). The outputs work as they should and the inputs show up in Logic with the right names but no sound. The Apollo Mixer does not recognize the Apollo (except for that one time!). What to do?!

I have two UAD2-cards and they are recognized by the UA software.
I use 10.9.4
I have the latest Win7 with the latest TH-drivers on a separate drive.
I have the same TH-Bios-settings as that picture in one of the TH-threads.
I threw away all the TH-kext files as recommended in another thread.

It takes a while for date info, spotlight and such to appear (flashing), but the UA symbol is there directly.

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back