CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There's a decent chance this isn't a hack problem, but I'm starting here because UAD says Dual Booting isn't supported, so I imagine they'd be unhelpful. I know a lot of people here have Apollo's so maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

So I'm using Universal Audio's Apollo over Thunderbolt 2 with a Startech Adapter connecting it to my Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card. It works great on the mac side, no problems, and here's the weird thing: listening to audio on the Windows side is flawless as well. However, when I try to use a mic I get random pops and clicks through the audio. It sorta sounds like a sample rate issue, but I've tried every sample rate combination imaginable between the sounds settings and on Console. I've also tried disabling all other audio drivers to make sure nothing is interfering with it. UAD has a couple optimization settings they recommend and I'm doing all of those as well.

It's really not an end all. I mostly just use the Windows side for gaming, so it's handy if I choose to stream or if I'm chatting on Steam with a friend, but I can use another interface for that, it just isn't ideal. Any help is appreciated. I've spent hours trying different things to solve this--obviously step one was uninstalling/reinstalling the WDM driver.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI
CPU:
Intel i7-7700k 4.2gHZ Quad Core
Graphics:
PNY GeForce GTX1050

Have you tried installing an older version of the UAD software? Are all of your windows drivers up to date?

Also, how did you get UAD working on the OSX side? Did you have to use ssdt? Would you mind sharing your EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back