Contribute
Register

UAD 2 Quad PCIE Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unplugged my Alpinridge card since I dont use it at the moment and due to the massive CPU cooler and the 1080 the PCIEX1_1 and _3 are hardly accessibly. maybe the _3 but than the airflow might be bad for the 1080 (well it's on passiv cooling mode most of the time :-D )

sofar it seams that this issue is gone, after a couple of boots both cards showing up everytime. I might change the cards to see if I can getthe alpinridge card back in the system.

I've seen that there is a new bios which supports the new thunderbolt card from GA maybe this would also solve this issue. But I'm not sure about updating the bios... can I "just" update my bios and boot as if nothing happend?

I unplugged my Alpinridge card since I dont use it at the moment and due to the massive CPU cooler and the 1080 the PCIEX1_1 and _3 are hardly accessibly. maybe the _3 but than the airflow might be bad for the 1080 (well it's on passiv cooling mode most of the time :-D )

sofar it seams that this issue is gone, after a couple of boots both cards showing up everytime. I might change the cards to see if I can getthe alpinridge card back in the system.

I've seen that there is a new bios which supports the new thunderbolt card from GA maybe this would also solve this issue. But I'm not sure about updating the bios... can I "just" update my bios and boot as if nothing happend?

Ah... I see... It's a shame as the x1 slot between the first x16 slot and the CPU is probably the best slot to use...

There's always a chance that a BIOS update can break something. Best to check with others with your motherboard model to see if anyone has had any issues with it before taking the leap.

it seams that i found the issue, took a while (wasnt high priority)

somehow I had installed AppleALC and VoodooHDA, I deleted the AppleALC kext and now the system boots up very quick and both uad cards are showing up everytime. great success!

Personally, I would use AppleALC instead of VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back