Contribute
Register

UAD-2 64-Bit software (6.4.1 Beta) kills hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i2600K
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've been using the UAD-2 happily both under 10.6.8 and 10.7.5 (on a Asus P8P67). Guess I was too eager to finally get the 64-Bit version of the plugins, so I installed yesterday, which required a reboot...

Well, after that I can't boot any more :(

It appears the update installs a UAFWAudio.kext that causes the problem.

Update: After removing the kext (under Win using MacDrive) the system works normally again - even the 64-Bit version of the plugins. I assume the UAFWAudio is only relevant for the Apollo-Interface(?)

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
ASUS z170-Deluxe
CPU
i7 - 6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been using the UAD-2 happily both under 10.6.8 and 10.7.5 (on a Asus P8P67). Guess I was too eager to finally get the 64-Bit version of the plugins, so I installed yesterday, which required a reboot...

Well, after that I can't boot any more :(

It appears the update installs a UAFireWire.kext that causes the problem.

My problem now is how do I get rid of this file since I cannot boot = no file access? For some reason, I can't even access the drive using MacDrive - the file system is shown, but any attempt to read a file causes an error...

rBoot does not work for me either

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Try booting in safe mode -x so that you can delete the kext.

Motherboard
CPU
i2600K
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks, for some reason booting -x does not work on this machine in general - I always run in some sort of graphic card issues(?)

Anyway, I got MacDrive back to work again (after deactivating and reactivating the licence) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.