Contribute
Register

UAD-1 and Powercore

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi!

i also got the same problem. ML won't recognize my uad-1 pcie and powercore pci card. i tried different drivers, none will work...

i got the asus p8z68-v pro mobo and under Win 7 64bit both cards are working perfect!
uad with the driver version 5.8. and powercore with 4.0.3

so it's not the mobos fault :)

any other hints?

hi!

i also got the same problem. ML won't recognize my uad-1 pcie and powercore pci card. i tried different drivers, none will work...

i got the asus p8z68-v pro mobo and under Win 7 64bit both cards are working perfect!
uad with the driver version 5.8. and powercore with 4.0.3

so it's not the mobos fault :)

any other hints?

The UAD-1 card won't work with mountain lion as there aren't 64 bit drivers available for it. So you should just give up trying to get it to work..... Unfortunately it won't work on any Mac OS after 10.6.8.

The Powercore should work though. You should try the newest driver, which is 4.4.0.46 at the moment

http://www.tcelectronic.com/powercore/support/

Report back after trying the newest driver

after installing the newest driver version 4.4.0.46 the Powercore Controlcenter recognizes my PoCo.
This time I unplugged my PoCo card before installing the driver, restarted and replugged the card, maybe this was the issue because I tried it with the driver version 4.4.0.45

anyway in Cubase 7 the plugins show up but if I insert a TCmasterX3, the plugin stops working and i got an error

"TC MasterX3 The process synchronization between the Plug-In and the PowerCore driver failed. To reactivate the PowerCore plugin, save your project first and reopen it to continue to work. VSTBridgeApp"

well i never used many plugins so I will probably sell it....

I have Powercore PCI mk1 & Element mostly working

I have Asus P8B75-V. i think you need native PCI, not emulated. i got that board because it has 3 PCI slots (2 for powercore, 1 for audiophile2496)

i'm using 10.9.4, but i have problem when i wake or restart, the control panel stops seeing the cards properly. it sees 2 cards but says "Unknown device"

if i do a full power-cycle they come back.

any suggestions?

thanks
j

This thread has been helpful in clarifying the issue with UAD1/TCPoCo Cards and PCI to PCIE bridged mobo ports. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

I ended up reinstalling the OSx in 32 bit mode. I guess I ran Multibeast too many times and created some sort of conflict. My UAD card is running fine. It sounds like if I want to run the Powercore as well I'll need to find an older 32 bit driver. I assume that since I am running in 32 bit, Powercore won't work with it's 64 bit drivers. Does that sound right to you?.
Hi there!I know it's an old thread, but I just can not get my uad1 card work on osx.
Do you remember which version osx you used or if you needed any exrta kexts?
I have z77 gigabyte motherboard, managed to install snow leopard, running 32bit but it just won't see the uad pci card.
Any idea would be appreciated!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back