Contribute
Register

Typed wrong terminalcommand at installation. Boot issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus V Gene
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
MSI R6850 PE/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And now whenever i try to boot up where it usually said USB and Lion (the HDD), it now only says Lion, and when I try to boot into Lion (the HDD), which is now the only option, it says "can't find" or "Reboot and Select proper Boot Deivce or Insert Boot media in slected Boot Device and press a key". I'm not quite sure what to do here. I've wiped the USB clean and re installed Unibeast, the installer, and bridge helper on it, but it didn't fix the issue. I do not have another computer to reformat the Lion HDD and as far as I know you can't reformat a HDD in bios.

If anyone has an idea on how to get me back on track please let me know. Thanks.

You can by creating a raid array then deleting the array.

how do i do this?

In bios set sata to raid, then reboot, then a screen should show up saying Ctrl + F or something to set up the array. Then delete it.

I set it to raid, but now when i reboot it just says:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Try to find where to set up an array, then delete it. Or use Gparted (Linux live cd) and partition your drive that way.

im sorry but you've lost me, also I have no optical drive.
Do you think hooking the hard drive up to another computer and reformatting the drive will resolve the issue?

No harm in trying.

dakotar said:
No harm in trying.

i'll have to reformat the drive with a windows computer, do you think that will matter? and what format should I use?

FAT32, and No because you will reformat it to OSX later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back