Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone,

Two ways to get ALC892 to work Hackintosh
Using patched AppleHDA.kext from toleda, present in Multibeast 6.0.2 for Mavericks / Yosemite / El Captian.
I use it two ways,
1) Mutilibeast-> Drivers->Audio->Realtek->No DSDT->ALC892 (install patched AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext)
Run, kext utility to refresh and rebuild kernel caches.
2) Install patched kext AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext from previous working system kept as backup, using Kext Utility 2.6.1
Both ways after reboot, sound card works perfectly.
Yet there is a issue with this, there is no option for Headphone (front green pin).

Hence I tried various versions of VoodooHDA for Mavericks and Yosemite and ended up using 2.8.5 as the best one(of course HDMI out not tested).

Now from this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...lc892-issue-with-ga-z170m-and-10-11-4.192544/
I thought of trying 2.8.8 for El Capitan 10.11.4. The installation gives error saying this package is not compatible. The reason for this is SIP in El Capitan. Best way to disable SIP in hackintosh is using the following in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
or
<string>0x67</string>​
For Clover, it would be placed in config.plist. Please Google for more details.
Then the installation proceeds smoothly, still I found some issues like neither "Preferences Pane" file does not get installed nor
VoodooHDASettingLoader.app gets installed. I had to copy these files from other source (voodoo 2.8.5).
After successful installation and reboot, sound card works fine, but I found 2 minor issues.
  1. At boot up and load of the voodoo kext, a huge "doob" noise comes from the card to the sound box which is very annoying.
  2. A "tick tick" noise in headphone

Hence, use the package attached which is source and binaries of 2.8.5, I got from "insanemac.com".
This is not a installation package. Extract the zip file, then goto
voodoohda-code->Binaries and follow these steps
  1. Copy "VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app" to Applications folder.​
  2. Copy "VoodooHDA.prefPane" to /Library/PreferencePanes/​
  3. Remove AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/​
  4. Also remove HDAEnabler1.kext if present either in /System/Library/Extensions or /Extra/Extentions​
  5. Install voodooHDA.kext using kext utility 2.6.1 (installs the kext, rebuilds the kernel caches)​
  6. Install AppleHDADisabler.kext using kext utility 2.6.1​

After using this my system has a clean driver for sound card, a good preferences pane and a setting loader application.
"VoodooHdaSettingsLoader" needs to be added to your login account startup items list. Please google how to do that.

Attachments

• voodoohda-2.8.5-code.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 990
Last edited:
Thanks, the file and 6 steps worked great on a Sabertooth Z77

Hello Everyone,

Two ways to get ALC892 to work Hackintosh
Using patched AppleHDA.kext from toleda, present in Multibeast 6.0.2 for Mavericks / Yosemite / El Captian.
I use it two ways,
1) Mutilibeast-> Drivers->Audio->Realtek->No DSDT->ALC892 (install patched AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext)
Run, kext utility to refresh and rebuild kernel caches.
2) Install patched kext AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext from previous working system kept as backup, using Kext Utility 2.6.1
Both ways after reboot, sound card works perfectly.
Yet there is a issue with this, there is no option for Headphone (front green pin).

Hence I tried various versions of VoodooHDA for Mavericks and Yosemite and ended up using 2.8.5 as the best one(of course HDMI out not tested).

Now from this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...lc892-issue-with-ga-z170m-and-10-11-4.192544/
I thought of trying 2.8.8 for El Capitan 10.11.4. The installation gives error saying this package is not compatible. The reason for this is SIP in El Capitan. Best way to disable SIP in hackintosh is using the following in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<string>103</string>
or
<string>0x67</string>​
For Clover, it would be placed in config.plist. Please Google for more details.
Then the installation proceeds smoothly, still I found some issues like neither "Preferences Pane" file does not get installed nor
VoodooHDASettingLoader.app gets installed. I had to copy these files from other source (voodoo 2.8.5).
After successful installation and reboot, sound card works fine, but I found 2 minor issues.
  1. At boot up and load of the voodoo kext, a huge "doob" noise comes from the card to the sound box which is very annoying.
  2. A "tick tick" noise in headphone

Hence, use the package attached which is source and binaries of 2.8.5, I got from "insanemac.com".
This is not a installation package. Extract the zip file, then goto
voodoohda-code->Binaries and follow these steps
  1. Copy "VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app" to Applications folder.​
  2. Copy "VoodooHDA.prefPane" to /Library/PreferencePanes/​
  3. Remove AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/​
  4. Also remove HDAEnabler1.kext if present either in /System/Library/Extensions or /Extra/Extentions​
  5. Install voodooHDA.kext using kext utility 2.6.1 (installs the kext, rebuilds the kernel caches)​
  6. Install AppleHDADisabler.kext using kext utility 2.6.1​

After using this my system has a clean driver for sound card, a good preferences pane and a setting loader application.
"VoodooHdaSettingsLoader" needs to be added to your login account startup items list. Please google how to do that.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

After a couple of VERY long days and nights without sound and countless attempts, following the 6 steps that you suggested and using the files that you provided - Gave me sound! thank you so much! out of the millions of pages and kexts and what not - this one was the simplest and actually the only method that actually worked!

now to the details:

I'm using an Asus Z87-C board, i7 4770, 16Gb Ram, Nvidia Gtx650 and obviously the Realtek Alc892.

btw, I'm unable able to use the mic inputs (both front & rear) however I do see them in the inputs selection, just doesn't appear to be receiving anything...

Awesome - many thanks.
The 6 steps worked to get sound working on DH67BL.
Optical and rear out working great.
Front out working but a little noisy.

Cheers!

thank you so much.
it is only one way i try ever which can work.
thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back