Contribute
Register

TWO PROBLEMS: SPEED RAM AND MICROPROCESSOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

I have installed SL 10.6.4 and I am trying to get this works fine. I have a problem with RAM and Microprocessor speed, because when I look up "about this MAC" appears this:

RAM: 4 GB at 667 MHZ DDR (I have 4Gb 1133 MHZ DDR3)
Microprocessor: 2,67 Ghz (I have a i7, socket 860)

I have installed my DSDT for my MB, ASUS P7P55D-LE, and I don´t know what is the next step to try to fix it. :banghead:

Thank you and I hope someone could help me!

Bye!

two ways
cosmetic only by smbios.plist
dynamic hardware detect by anval bootloader (you have just to update 3 files in your actual chameleon)

good search

hoob said:
two ways
cosmetic only by smbios.plist
dynamic hardware detect by anval bootloader (you have just to update 3 files in your actual chameleon)

good search

Thank you for your answer!

Sorry... what this means? I haven´t got a good level about this. Actually I have used Chamaleon which is in iboot, because I have problems installing Chamaleon (I am trying to solve this). Could you be a little more specific about that??

Thank you!

google => "site:tonymacx86.com ram fsb speed"
or
"site:tonymacx86.com anval"

here it is, all around you :headbang:

for your chameleon, multibeast make all things for you, what about problem ? More simple than 1click :?:

hoob said:
google => "site:tonymacx86.com ram fsb speed"
or
"site:tonymacx86.com anval"

here it is, all around you :headbang:

Thanks, I have found the thread about this with your information.

hoob said:
for your chameleon, multibeast make all things for you, what about problem ? More simple than 1click :?:

When I used multibeast to install chamaleon and remove my iboot, my computer doesn't start. I have 2 hdd and I have one of this only for MAC. I don´t know what it is the problem but I would like to install chamaleon properly because iboot it is slower than chamaleon in the hdd. If you know what could be my problem, please help me again. I would appreciate so much.

Thanks for all hoob

what sata port are your HDDs plugged into.. you need to have your OSX installation installed on the first sata port (SATA0). what exactly happens when you boot? does chameleon start and then not detect any OS? let me know exactly what happens.. and we'll get you up and running no problem..

you shouldnt have a problem booting as your processor can boot using the native kernel.. all you need is PCEFI...

..hope to hear from you soon..

donnieb;aze said:
what sata port are your HDDs plugged into.. you need to have your OSX installation installed on the first sata port (SATA0). what exactly happens when you boot? does chameleon start and then not detect any OS? let me know exactly what happens.. and we'll get you up and running no problem..

you shouldnt have a problem booting as your processor can boot using the native kernel.. all you need is PCEFI...

..hope to hear from you soon..

The problem is that when I restart my computer I get black screen like it hasn't any OS. I think that it could be that my HDD with SL isn´t in the SATA0. I will change my HDD, because I need chamaleon to install Windows 7 too.

I will try and report here.
Thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back