GTX-670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm new to building a Hackintosh. I have the following components.

Intel i7-3930k
ASUS Sabertooth x79
Gigabyte gtx 670
Corsair HX 850w
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Corsair H80i

I wanna be able to dual boot Mac OSx and Windows 8. Is it better to have two SSDs for separate OS or just install both of the OS on one SSD?

And since this is my first build, do you guys have anything for me to watch out for during installation?

Hi,
I'm new to building a Hackintosh. I have the following components.

Intel i7-3930k
ASUS Sabertooth x79
Gigabyte gtx 670
Corsair HX 850w
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Corsair H80i

I wanna be able to dual boot Mac OSx and Windows 8. Is it better to have two SSDs for separate OS or just install both of the OS on one SSD?

It is best to keep them separate, have a look at this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

And since this is my first build, do you guys have anything for me to watch out for during installation?

Thats a great question - its one that shows awareness. I would say that the single most important thing above all else is to do plenty of preparation prior to the installation. There is plenty to be gained by using the search facility on the site to find builds using the same motherboard and CPU in particular. Copy and paste the motherboard details into the small search box at the top right of the screen and hit return. It should give you plenty of pages of builds, problems and issues on threads and how people solved them.

Do you have access to a Mac that will get you to the App store? If you don't have this then you can buy Snow Leopard direct from Apple and use iBoot for Ivy Bridge to get access to the App Store and download Mountain Lion for your build.

A warm welcome and good luck on your build.

Adrian B

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep you guys posted for my build!

I'm just waiting for the mobo and gpu to arrive. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back