Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I currently have a GTX 670 working fine, but I can't manage to get my tree screens to work, only 2 (it seems this is a very well know issue on nVidia cards). I made a thread some days ago talking about the Matrox TripleHead2Go (TH2G), but the resolution limits on Mac OS are a deal breaker.

Someone told me to use that money to get another GTX 670 and it will fix my problem with the screen (I even can get 4 screens with another card), but I feel its a lot of power wasted only in 1 video card to make run another screen.

--------------------
Anyone knows if Mac OS takes the advantage of two nVidia cards (GTX 670) to boost it's graphic performance?
If the answer is yes, I'm totally buying another one.
--------------------

--------------------
But if the answer is no, I may consider get a cheap nVidia card just for my other screen. Anyone knows of some very cheap nVidia card that works OOB in Mac OS? (I'm aware of the "Buyers guide 2012" I just want to hear from your own experience).
--------------------

Also I can't tell how easy it's to make it run two nVidia cards, for what I have read it seems I have to make a custom DSDT, but I don't want to take the risk of buy another video card to know at the end it is not possible at all.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can run 2 Nvidia cards but it doesn't need to be another 670. You could get something like a 650 or use the integrated graphics.

I currently have a GTX 670 working fine, but I can't manage to get my tree screens to work, only 2 (it seems this is a very well know issue on nVidia cards). I made a thread some days ago talking about the Matrox TripleHead2Go (TH2G), but the resolution limits on Mac OS are a deal breaker.

The 670 cards should support up to 4 monitors. They do under windows, the 650M in the current Macbook Pros will support 4. There's just something in the drivers, which doesn't support it yet.

The nvidia Quadro K5000 (pro version of a 680) has been stated as supporting 4 monitors and is supposed to ship sometime in october. So presumably they will release drivers then that will support it on a 670.

Someone told me to use that money to get another GTX 670 and it will fix my problem with the screen (I even can get 4 screens with another card), but I feel its a lot of power wasted only in 1 video card to make run another screen.

Anyone knows if Mac OS takes the advantage of two nVidia cards (GTX 670) to boost it's graphic performance?
If the answer is yes, I'm totally buying another one.

Yes, that will work. Yes it's a waste of a card.

If you game under windows you will be able to use it in SLI mode, there's just no support for SLI under OSX for some reason. Probably because Jobs always seems to have hated gaming.

But if the answer is no, I may consider get a cheap nVidia card just for my other screen. Anyone knows of some very cheap nVidia card that works OOB in Mac OS? (I'm aware of the "Buyers guide 2012" I just want to hear from your own experience).

I would give it until the Quadro k5000 ships, before I go buying another card. Also as Albertsw said, you should be able to use the integrated graphics in your CPU to drive a third monitor.

Also I can't tell how easy it's to make it run two nVidia cards, for what I have read it seems I have to make a custom DSDT, but I don't want to take the risk of buy another video card to know at the end it is not possible at all.

Thanks in advance.

It is possible. I've not tried it myself though.

Yes you can run 2 Nvidia cards but it doesn't need to be another 670. You could get something like a 650 or use the integrated graphics.

Yeah, I already put an eye over the "Evga Gt640". The integrated graphic doesn't work with me since my i7 is intel HD2000.

Thanks for the reply.

Impressive quality on that answer.

But yes, I already tried with the integrated graphics but I found that my i7 is intel HD2000 which is not compatible with mac os.

I think that's what I'm going to do, wait until the next arrive of drivers, in the meanwhile I'm will be saving money for a Quadro card. Also I just found this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/47838-chimera-1-9-dual-triple-nvidia-geforce-stock-dsdt.html

It seems chimera supports OOB more than 1 card installed.

So in case something backfire and I had to buy another (cheaper) video card, It seems that it wont be a trouble to make it work.

I really appreciate your answer, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back