RX 6900 XT / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, hope all are well!

I've done multiple Hackintosh builds over the years and this is my first time encountering this problem.
When I click sleep, fans will power down, lights turn off, then a second later it comes back up.
No kernel panic, no freeze, nothing, it's just back up and ready to use.
On one of them I gotta hit space and then the screen comes on, on the other, it automatically brings the screen back on.

Specs are as follows, both OpenCore 0.6.7 w/ Catalina:
White build -
NZXT N7 Z490
i5-10600K
XPG 16gb DDR4 3200 MHz
Samsung SSD 980 M.2 NVMe 1tb
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4gb

Black build -
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
i9-10900K
Patriot Viper 64gb 3600 MHz
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
Dell OEM RX 5700 XT

I'm very shocked that they both encounter this problem
Interestingly, I don't think it's a Comet Lake thing because an i3 build I did with the 10100 did not encounter this
I have tried a lot of things, NVMefix, RTC memory fixup, and more! Speaking of, NVMefix broke booting into Windows - any tip for that? Maybe kernelminversion 10.15 should take care of the trick.
Also, I do have Lilu, latest, and WEG as well. I will gladly post config.plists if needed, however, I'm sure this is an easy answer for someone who has encountered this

Thanks in advance!
Trip

Have you configured the USB ports for macOS, i.e. generated an SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for both systems?

USB configuration being set incorrectly or not set at all, is the most common reason for Sleep/Wake issues on a Hack. All it takes is one port to have the wrong connection type and the otherwise good configuration can result in this Sleep/Wake issue.

This includes the Thunderbolt USB ports needing to be set correctly.

Here is a link to UtterDisbelief's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Have you configured the USB ports for macOS, i.e. generated an SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for both systems?

USB configuration being set incorrectly or not set at all, is the most common reason for Sleep/Wake issues on a Hack. All it takes is one port to have the wrong connection type and the otherwise good configuration can result in this Sleep/Wake issue.

This includes the Thunderbolt USB ports needing to be set correctly.

Here is a link to UtterDisbelief's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
Thanks for responding Edhawk, I think this came at quite the right time.
I've done quite some legwork since I posted here and I've narrowed it down to a couple things.
The Youbo PCIe card is the culprit where, if it is plugged in, it won't sleep. The USB header can remain plugged in and I'll have Bluetooth, and it'll sleep fine. The moment I plug in the PCIe card it breaks sleep.
Oddly, I've used this card in a build before.
I read of some removing the Bluetooth chip on their board, and I disabled the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the bios, which helped fix the Bluetooth.
Now the weird part - I tried doing USB mapping but nothing showed up in Hackintool, so I disabled the RHUB.aml, which led to Hackintool showing USB ports... But broke bluetooth. And I tried continuing with mapping and still didn't have Bluetooth. Sleep was fine though, probably because the problematic header / port with Bluetooth was entirely disabled.
Should I make a new thread for "Youbo BCM94360CD breaking sleep" or continue here?

Edit: okay just, confirmed, card out header in actually means no bluetooth, that's why the sleep is working. So it's bound to be mapping. I guess the question it comes down to is how can I map it without RHUB?

Last edited:
Okay Edhawk, did full USB mapping, 12 ports total, all from one controller, I can see the Bluetooth properly marked as internal / 255 as well. still having the sleep issue :/
Everytime that port is disabled or the header cable is pulled it sleeps fine. I thought it might be the card but it sleeps fine with the card and with no USB header. Thoughts?

Does your motherboard have a spare or alternate header you can use to see if the same issues arise when the card and Bluetooth module are connected.

same goes for the PCIe card can you swap it to another slot, to see what difference, if any that makes.

Solved by switching from the Youbo card to the Fenvi T919. Switching ports or slots did not do the trick, something about the PCIe card itself because it's the same Broadcom chip as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back