i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 x 2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi all,

I just purshased two Palit graphic cards 1080i game rock and have gigabyte z370hd3 motherboard with i7 six core processor.
I also have pc tower Antecedent 1200 tower. Power supply situated at the bottom of the case obscuring cooling.

Here is the problem. All working well. However, I did not realized that the gtx 1080 is triple slot graphic card. When I managed to get both in, it was very tight the graphic cards are half a centimeter apart from each other.

One of them was overheating minutes into starting the computer.

Is there a way to use both cards together. I need to know the following, which pc case I need to buy. Something that is clearly bigger than what I have with more room for graphic cards and better cooling. I am also thinking that my motherboard with three slots for graphic cards is too small. I would like to know which motherboard work on Mac and has good performance and four slots for Graphic cards, this would give me more space for gtx 1080.

In a way I realise that one, cooling is super important. The position of power supply is also affecting the card cooling, right at the. Bottom of my second cards obscuring fans from the bottom gtx.

I am lost to be honest. I just spend all that money to realise I can not use both graphic cards. What can I do. Please give me some advice on this issue.

Many thanks

there is no other option to have the slots in different positions or larger distance from each other. You already have a full ATX board and there is nothing bigger which would make sense to purchase. Rhat you have to solve is the cooling in your case. Maybe swap for bigger case, improve ventilation of air within the case. Maybe rebuild the cooling of your GPU in the upper position. Maybe water cooling. A rebuild kit can be purchased at around 200 bucks

Yes I was thinking that I need a bigger pc big. I just have to make sure that there is space after the thirds PCI card.

beware that some big towers do not provide more space...
riotoro-prism-cr1280-built.jpg

Yes I was thinking that I need a bigger pc big. I just have to make sure that there is space after the thirds PCI card.
beware that some big towers do not provide more space...
riotoro-prism-cr1280-built.jpg

Yes that seem to be a problem. I been researching into it. It is the cheapest option to replace the tower. But the tower needs to have more space at the bottom it the motherboard allowing installation of the card in the slot three.

If anybody knows about a good and larger pc box please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back