CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x R9 270X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a year of delaying as I needed some programs to run stable for the audio work I do, I finally decided to update to Catalina. The update went mostly smoothly but I had a number of small issues I didn't have before. After some messing around I used an extra drive and set up a fresh install of Catalina on it and noticed that all of the problems I have are not present on the fresh install, even though I'm booting from the exact same Clover EFI (clover 5119.) I decided to delete my main system, install fresh, and then restore it from Time Machine hoping that would fix whatever the issue is but it didn't work. Not sure what could cause two drives to behave differently like this so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The problems I'm having as far as I can tell are my two AMD Radeon R9 270X are being read as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx on my main system, I have no audio inputs or outputs, and AirPlay Mirroring doesn't work anymore.

When I first installed Catalina my two displays running off DisplayPort didn't work, only my third DVI monitor worked, but changing my SMBIOS to MacPro6,1 instead of iMacPro1,1 fixed that. Not sure if that's related as I wasn't aware of all the other problems at the time.

Any help would be appreciated! Been messing around for 2 days with no luck.

My system:
i9-9900K
two Sapphire R9 270X
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO (ALC1220)

Wanna send your EFI over? You can delete your serial if you feel the need to. Also, send a screen shot of your Library/Extensions folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back