Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all - I’m finally replacing my nvidia GTX 980 TI with a Saphire RX 580.

This will be my specs:

Intel i7-4790k
Z97 ASUS Maximus Gene VII
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
32GB DDR3 ram

Currently I’m using indentifier 14,2; but I’ve heard that 15,1 is closer to the actual specs I have. Which one should I use when I install the new GPU?

Also in Mojave, do I need OsAptioFix2 anymore?

And lastly, since this is the exact GPU Apple uses, will I need Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts?

Thanks all!

Hello all - I’m finally replacing my nvidia GTX 980 TI with a Saphire RX 580.

This will be my specs:

Intel i7-4790k
Z97 ASUS Maximus Gene VII
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
32GB DDR3 ram

Currently I’m using indentifier 14,2; but I’ve heard that 15,1 is closer to the actual specs I have. Which one should I use when I install the new GPU?

Also in Mojave, do I need OsAptioFix2 anymore?

And lastly, since this is the exact GPU Apple uses, will I need Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts?

Thanks all!

iMac 14.2 is a good all around system definition. It tends to be more open for graphics compatibility and multimonitor use.

The latest clover builds are using aptiomemoryfix instead of OSaptiofix2, and also there is a new apfsautoloader which replaces the need to update the apfsefi file for updates. It will automatically load it. Do not use both apfs and apfsautoloader and do not use aptimemoryfix and osxaptiofix. It’s one set or the other.

***So for best current use make sure to select the customize tab when loading clover and select the Drivers64efi tab and choose apfsautoloader and aptimemoryfix.

You shouldn’t need any Kexts but it’s dependent on which software and monitor(s) configurations you use. Many don’t use anything and have no issues and others use whatevergreen and lilu Kexts and or intel graphics enabled for video rendering work. It also depends on which apps your using. For Haswell systems these fixes don’t seem to be as necessary. Skylake, Kabylake and CoffeeLake systems may be a bit more finicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back