Contribute
Register

Tutorial: How to use your Windows iTunes library in Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note for everyone who has followed this guide and runs a dual boot with Windows 7 and Lion. Be careful with NTFS-3G it has caused Lion to crash for me twice now resulting in reformatting. Use Paragon NTFS for Mac as reccommended by a Mod 'Going Bald' here;

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=66473&p=415486#p415486

Hey I'm still running snow leopard, at step number 6 you say "if you are on lion don't restart," should i restart here? Or just follow the tutorial? Will it make a difference that you know of? Sorry for all the questions, just don't wanna mess up my system, everything has been running very smoothly for the most part.

As you're running SL,you DON'T need the Lion patch so yes,you can restart the system now

I will take a look at Paragon,thx 4 the tip,it seems more stable&faster,and it doesn't cost that much,i really need NTFS writing now,as i (finally) don't have Windows OS in my system anymore,but i still need NTFS writing for some tasks,like managing my Wii external HDD for example.

I'm having problem with the Cover Art, it works fine on OS X (ML) but when I switch to the PC (Win 7) all Cover Art is blank (white), they are not missing (showing the ? sign), they are just blank.

I have all my music and library on an separate disk, formated with exFat and I started iTunes library with the Mac part. Everything else is working, if I add stuff when i am on the PC it shows up when i boot OS X.

Any tips?

Running latest iTunes 10.7

Can you tell me how to remove MacFuse, fuse_wait and ntfs-3g?

I've installed the 3 items but I would like to remove them.

Thanks.

I don't understand why you can't just put this on a FAT 32 partition.

I have my MEDIA folder on a 120GB FAT 32 Partition. My 1TB disk has 3 partitions, LION, WINDOWS 7, and FATTY.

I play the music through iTunes on the Mac side, but used Media Monkey on the Windows side. It never occurred to me to try iTunes on Windows.

But why does anyone think a FAT partition would NOT work?

Thanks.

Use OSXFUSE instead of MacFUSE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back