nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB VRAM
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello world !
For introducing myself, I'm french & this is my first tutorial :wave: So I hope you'll enjoy !

This tutorial will show you how to install correctly Mac Os X Lion 10.7.3 on your Asus G53JW .

What you'll need :
:ch: A working Asus G53JW ^^
:ch: A Retail DVD of Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.x [10.6.7 MAX]
:ch: A retail DVD (or APP) of Mac Os X Lion 10.7
:ch: 1 partition for Snow Leopard with at least 4 GB free (15-20 GB for the partition)
:ch: 1 partition for Lion (I would recommend 35GB to let have some apps)
:ch: 1 partition for the installer (can be an USB key) (at least 8 GB)
:ch: USB mouse and USB keyboard just in case..

Note : You must have a GUID partitioned hard drive for installing Snow Leopard & Lion, however you can move it to a MBR hard drive later. If you convert a hard drive to GUID partition table you will lost all data on it, SO BACKUP YOUR DATA !

First Step :
You must install Mac Os X Snow Leopard. Do it the way you want.
If you don't know how to do, just follow this well done tutorial AND boot the installation CD with those options :
cpus=8 busratio=13 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
And before clicking "Install", click "Customize" and UNCHECK audio drivers otherwise you will lost your ears at the next boot :p
Don't forget to type cpus=8 busratio=13 GraphicsEnabler=No -v before each boot until update in the second step !

Second Step :
In order to use xMove & some other features you have to update your computer. DON'T USE APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE YET !
Actually the last available update (10.6.8 for now) complicate the boot. So download the 10.6.7 combo update from Apple servers, install it and wait before click reboot !

Download the latest Multibeast version for Snow Leopard here and run it. The two installers will crash, it's normal, just re-launch Multibeast !
Just select in OSx86 Software the Show/hide hidden files feature. Continue and finish the installation.
Now open the application folder in the dock and launch Show/Hide hidden files (If it's not in the application folder look in the utility folder at the bottom).
Browse now your Snow leopard partition, and open the extra folder. Paste the content of the "Extra SL" folder in the attachment.

Now re-run Multibeast and select System Utilities, and when it's done, reboot your computer without any flag (boot option). If correctly done, it should boot fine :thumbup:

Third Step :
Now it's time to install Lion ! First of all, download xMove here.
Open your Lion DVD or application, look for the file "InstallESD.dmg" and mount it (double click on it).
Launch xMove, and install it on the third partition (the installer partition which size is at least 8GB).

Reboot your computer on this partition using the flags busratio=13 -v -x, wait about 1 minute the installer to start correctly and follow the installation instructions. Install it on the partition you reserved for Lion. I advice you to keep your Snow Leopard installation if Lion crashes after an update or a bad kext... It's always helpful ;)

Fourth Step :
Boot Lion with busratio=13 -v -x, and use Apple software update to install all the latest updates. When done, DON'T REBOOT !
Download the latest Multibeast version for Lion here and run it. The two installers will crash, it's normal, just re-launch Multibeast !
Before Continuing, copy the content of "Extra Lion" in the extra folder in your lion partition, and the content of "Lion S-L-E" in System/Library/Extension. To access your partition, click on "Desktop", richt click the top of the window where it's written "Desktop"
and click on the name of the partition !
Now back to Multibeast, select "System Utilities" and continue.

If correctly done, just reboot your computer and boot your Lion Partition without flag (or just -v to monitor) and everything should work correctly :mrgreen:

Bonus Step :
In order to have Mac Os X Lion on a MBR partition, use Carbon Copy Cloner (Google it !) to copy your partition on another hard drive. It's also useful to make a complete backup of your mac !

What is supposed to work :

[Yes] Built-In USB 3
[Yes] Onboard Audio ALC269
[Yes] Atheros WiFi AR9285
[Yes] Ethernet RTL8111/8168B
[Yes] Chicony USB2.0 2.0M UVC WebCam (PID b1bb, VID 04f2) (with Camtwist)
[Yes] Graphic Card nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB VRAM with full acceleration
[Yes] Trackpad with 2 fingers gestures
[Yes] HDMI video and audio
[Yes] Sleep
[Yes] Keyboard Backlight (double tap on the light on/off button)
[Yes] Bluetooth
[Yes] Fn keys : volume, sleep, enable/disable bluetooth and WIFI, turn off screen

[No ] Fn keys : keyboard brightness, screen brightness, output screen select, disable touchpad
[No ] MMC.SD.MS/PRO Card reader

Credits :

I would like to say A BIG THANKS to all the people who helped me to find the answers to my questions, especially the TonyMacx86 community !

If any question or difficulty, search the forum and ask the community before sending me PM. But if needed, I will be happy to help all of you !
Have a nice day/night :thumbup:

Attachments

• Extra Lion.zip
    360.3 KB · Views: 574
  • Extra SL.zip
    252.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Lion S-L-E.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 568
Try updating your system and then replace your kexts with those above, it should work ;)

Of course if you already have a thumb drive of the Lion Installer, you only need to install it the way it's mentionned ! But as everybody haven't this, i started from the idea that people only have their computer and installs DVDs. It's more generalist :)

Thanks very much I hope this will help a lot of people, this computer is awesome and run Mac Os X Lion pretty good :D

thx for your kext and tutorial but i can't up to 10.7.3

i stuck on still waiting for root device

can you help me

Sorry for my poor english

Mbenjoy, why can't you boot when updating ?

VinZenTz, try to boot lion 10.7.0 with my kext before updating, and let me know !

Ok I think I understand why it freezes ! You don't have to use voodooPS2 kext, it's incompatible with the Apple PS2 kext that's in Lion S-L-E. Be careful when using other kext that those in my folder, cause if they try to do the same thing (here allowing your computer to use PS2 devices) it will crash.
Let me know if you have other issues =)

Without re-installing you can try to delete the voodooPS2 kext ;) After that, everything should work fine. If not, check if you have other kext for the audio, and delete them. Try to add only those in the tuto ;)

i try to boot lion 10.7 with your kext (backlight keyboard not work)

i can boot with usb boot (make from unibeast on vmware mac os x lion)

but i can't boot from os x lion partition

after update i stuck at same problem

sorry for my poor english

What's the error when you update your system ? Did you put only my kexts and not any other ?

if i type -v -x busratio=13 on boot stuck still waiting for root device
if i type -v stuck on PCI Configuration Begin

No i don't' add any other kext

T4t4nk4 said:
i need help,i can't install snow leopard cause i have the pci configuration begin problem
If you have this problem it's because you updated to the last leopard update, but you MUST NOT ! Just follow the tutorial : download & install the last working update (10.6.7 and NOT 10.6.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back