Contribute
Register

[TUTO] Install Mac Os X Lion 10.7.3 on an Asus G53JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows and Mac Os X are very different... You can see that everything works nice under windows and not under Mac Os ! Try updating your Bios !

If sleep doesn't work I think you don't the dsdt file correctly.
Check that your dsdt.aml is in "/Extra/", the folder named Extra on your primary partition.
Then check your "org.chameleon.boot.plist", there must be a line which specify the DSDT and the path must be "/Extra/dsdt.aml"

Ok... I'm sorry but I have no idea to help you :/ You should open a new post in the forum to explain your problem and ask for help !
Good luck

T4t4nk4 said:
any news?i found out using linux that my audio card is alc 259.there's a way to install a kext and to make work normal and hdmi audio?help please
Yes it's written on the first page (Onboard Audio ALC269) so you've the same hardware as me. I'm sorry for you if that doesn't work :?

Mmmh i'm sorry i didn't read well ! So I think the problem comes from here. But I can't help you.
Hope you'll find :)

i have brightness problem in osx lion.is always max and is impossible to change.what do you use to solve the problem?

Hi all!

I thought I would posy MY progress. I got a G53JW as a replacement from ASUS for my G51J (I personally preferred my old g51J)

Anyways, I had all sorts of issues installing ML from using UNIBEAST to other Distros. Finally I Decided to Clone My desktop (i5/z77-ud5/AMD6670) which was installed DSDT free and kexts via multibeast and success!!!

System booted, I updated some kexts via multibeast and used AppleACPIPlatform, AppleSmartBatteryManager, AsusHotkeys and the plist from the package. However when I load the DSDT file from the pacakge the system doesn't boot. (same with one I extracted myself)

Without it everything seems fine, i will be stress testing tomorrow. Only issue i seem to have as of now is that it will hang when booting 1 out of 3 times but never crashes once it's in the OS, no sleep (no DSDT so probably why) and wont turn off after it shuts down.

I'm running 10.8.3 on an OCZ Vertez 4 plus two 750gb moments drives and 32GB of RAM

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the matter?

Peace All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back