Contribute
Register

Turbo ratio impossible to change (i7-3770K + GA-Z77X-UD5H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I was willing to test a little further my build and see if I could push my turbo boost from x39 to x42, since I read it's a usually stable Turbo boost OCing.
But in my BIOS, when I get in MIT/Advance frequency settings/Advanced CPU Core Features, impossible to change my turbo ratio from "Auto".
Is there something to do first os it can be done ?

By the way, I initially installed 2x8Go Corsair Vengeance CL10 1600MHz in my build. But since yesterday, on of the two 8Go RAM is "dead" (I just can't boot the computer with it anymore...) so I'm waiting for a replacement of the 2x8Go kit (the seller offered this solution, which avoids me to send my complete kit back, which would have left me with no computer at all)

Maybe having only 1x8Go RAM could "block" over clocking I thought. I have noticed that if I let the XMP Profile to "disabled", my CPU can't get any further than x37 in Turbo Boost. I had to set it to Profile1 to get it work "fully".
And I remember I had also a Profile 2 when I had the 2nd RAM working, but it's not here anymore.

So my questions are : does it just needs the 2nd RAM to overclock ? Or is something going wrong in there ?

Thanks !

Eddy

Pretty sure that shouldn't make a difference. You should be able to just select the option and just start typing in the number "42" and it should change to from auto to that if i remember straight. Or i think you can hit "+" or "-" on your keyboard and should do the same.

EDIT: don't know why i didn't look at your profile to see that you have a different motherboard than me first but it should be the same process for both of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back