RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed guides and searches to get TS140 and Nvidia EVGA 750ti, ethernet, etc., working well and fast. It could go into simple power save mode, but I left it on overnight once, found it frozen, restarted, and stopped at 55%. I then made a small change in BIOS (just to force a change), and it completed with great functionality. After it working successfully for 8+ hours, I turned it off for a week. Today, 55% then hang, tried BIOS change (Clock was off by 7 hours and after re-setting and failures, I found that it was off again (even though correct sometimes)), went through the forum more, etc. still 55% and hang. I own / have owned 9 macs (MBp and Minis), but couldn't bring myself to get a MacPro with this sturdy TS140 eagerly awaiting a new life (besides not having the $$). Since it is such a standard build, I hope there is a standard fix that i somehow missed. Thank you

Last edited:
@alfdoc1, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

My TS-140 build:
I changed to RX560 aero, and (even though the 860 pro was new when I built) built to a crucial mx500. I am now gun-shy about running multibeast. I haven't tested audio yet, but nice to have native video work. I am typing now from the build, so ethernet must be working. I would like to make sure all usb3 ports work, and, ideally audio. Feels bad to be so needy when it is so much easier now than my first build (still running Snow Leopard).

My TS-140 build:
I changed to RX560 aero, and (even though the 860 pro was new when I built) built to a crucial mx500. I am now gun-shy about running multibeast. I haven't tested audio yet, but nice to have native video work. I am typing now from the build, so ethernet must be working. I would like to make sure all usb3 ports work, and, ideally audio. Feels bad to be so needy when it is so much easier now than my first build (still running Snow Leopard).

actually first build was using Mac ROMs to make an Atari ST Mac build, but that was more mechanical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back