Contribute
Register

Trying to use latest MultiBeast - "There is no (Chameleon Boot .plist) file on the target volume".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the default boot loader which came with the latest UniBeast, so I'm assuming either Chameleon or Clover. (Cartoony icons, black background). Also, I can't boot unless I boot from my USB, which then allows me to select my Mac volume. I know in the past, I was able to just boot directly into my volume.

I've reformatted a zillion times, so now I'm on square one. Any time I touch MultiBeast, or add in the boot.plist file, it 'breaks' my system and shows a message about there being a kernel backtrace with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I don't think you understand. I can't do ANYTHING without being unable to reboot. If I use MultiBeast, try to manually add in the .plist config file, or if I try to manually add in a DSDT setting, the same stuff happens.

I'm using the default boot loader which came with the latest UniBeast, so I'm assuming either Chameleon or Clover. (Cartoony icons, black background). Also, I can't boot unless I boot from my USB, which then allows me to select my Mac volume. I know in the past, I was able to just boot directly into my volume.

I've reformatted a zillion times, so now I'm on square one. Any time I touch MultiBeast, or add in the boot.plist file, it 'breaks' my system and shows a message about there being a kernel backtrace with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I don't think you understand. I can't do ANYTHING without being unable to reboot. If I use MultiBeast, try to manually add in the .plist config file, or if I try to manually add in a DSDT setting, the same stuff happens.

The Unibeast USB should not be used for long-term booting. You should install a bootloader to your HDD.

You should post a photo of your KP from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. If your board has locked CPU MSR 0xE2, you need to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast. The DH67BL definitely locks CPU MSR 0xE2. But I cannot be sure you're getting that specific panic without seeing it.

You should really read my guide.

Also, please fill out your profile to reflect your hardware specs. I'm barely able to remember that you have the DH67BL at this point.

I've discovered that if I download a previous version of MultiBeast and install the necessary kexts, I don't have any problems. Naturally I'd like to install newer versions catered to 10.9.4, but that's where the problems begin. I also installed the Chimera boot loader from MultiBeast, but it still doesn't boot to my volume. I need to use the USB to boot.

Previously I didn't need a DSDT for my motherboard, and considering the little 'discovery' I had, it doesn't seem like I need one then. The problem only seems to happen with the newest MultiBeast and its kexts.

I've discovered that if I download a previous version of MultiBeast and install the necessary kexts, I don't have any problems. Naturally I'd like to install newer versions catered to 10.9.4, but that's where the problems begin. I also installed the Chimera boot loader from MultiBeast, but it still doesn't boot to my volume. I need to use the USB to boot.

What happens when you attempt to boot?

Previously I didn't need a DSDT for my motherboard, and considering the little 'discovery' I had, it doesn't seem like I need one then. The problem only seems to happen with the newest MultiBeast and its kexts.

This board definitely needs patched DSDT to create a properly installed system. There are numerous problems with the OEM DSDT. By properly installed, I mean everything working such as sleep, power management, etc.

....Okay. I think I'm not being clear. Here is me being as simple as I can be.

• Have Intel DH67BL motherboard, Intel i5 2500 CPU, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU.
  • Able to use earlier versions of OS X Mavericks easily, without any DSDT's or anything.
  • 10.9.3/10.9.4 roll around, I experience problems. I stop for a while.
  • Present Day.
  • Make UniBeast USB (4.0.2) and install Mavericks (10.9.4)
  • Boot from the install USB, because there isn't a boot loader, or the boot loader won't work.
  • There is no /Extra/_____ directory in OS X, nor is it on the install USB.
  • Install MultiBeast (6.0.4), attempt to do anything.
  • When rebooting, OS X won't boot into the volume. There's a kernel backtrace error which deals with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
  • Reformat + Re-install, try something else.
  • When rebooting, OS X won't boot into the volume. There's a kernel backtrace error which deals with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
  • I can't manually add in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist because I get the same error.
  • I can't manually add in a DSDT (aml) because I get the same error.
  • Everything DOES work if I use an older version of MultiBeast (and in turn, an older ALC892 kext, but obviously I want to use one made/patched for 10.9.4

....Okay. I think I'm not being clear. Here is me being as simple as I can be.

• Have Intel DH67BL motherboard, Intel i5 2500 CPU, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU.
  • Able to use earlier versions of OS X Mavericks easily, without any DSDT's or anything.
  • 10.9.3/10.9.4 roll around, I experience problems. I stop for a while.
  • Present Day.
  • Make UniBeast USB (4.0.2) and install Mavericks (10.9.4)
  • Boot from the install USB, because there isn't a boot loader, or the boot loader won't work.
  • There is no /Extra/_____ directory in OS X, nor is it on the install USB.
  • Install MultiBeast (6.0.4), attempt to do anything.
  • Reformat + Re-install, try something else.
  • I can't manually add in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist because I get the same error.
  • I can't manually add in a DSDT (aml) because I get the same error.
  • Everything DOES work if I use an older version of MultiBeast (and in turn, an older ALC892 kext, but obviously I want to use one made/patched for 10.9.4

If you don't want to listen to my advice or read my guide that's fine. I'll simply stop responding.

Same problem here on when I update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4 when following the update guide after trying to install the ALC898 and trim patch. System running great for a year now, luckily I'm trying this on a cloned sysdrive.

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 20.34.40.png

Same problem here on when I update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4 when following the update guide after trying to install the ALC898 and trim patch. System running great for a year now, luckily I'm trying this on a cloned sysdrive.

View attachment 101479

The message appears accurate. Install Chimera3.

I'm in the middle of a project and can't afford computerproblems now.
I do all testing on a cloned drive but I guess if I want to be safe I have to unplug the main system drive and install Chimera on the clone...
So the question is: do I have to unplug the main drive?
thx

I'm in the middle of a project and can't afford computerproblems now.

Probably should have refrained from updating to 10.9.4...

I do all testing on a cloned drive but I guess if I want to be safe I have to unplug the main system drive and install Chimera on the clone...
So the question is: do I have to unplug the main drive?
thx

Installing Chimera3 to one hard drive will not affect another. It is your call, however... To be certain nothing will change, you should disconnect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back