Contribute
Register

Trying to use latest MultiBeast - "There is no (Chameleon Boot .plist) file on the target volume".

Status
Not open for further replies.
...That's what I did. I used the Quick Start feature, as suggested, and I still get the same problem when booting.

You never mentioned a "problem when booting." What problem?

Did you read my DH67xx guide yet? You will need it.

I'm convinced that the thing that's "ruining" this is the fact that the latest MultiBeast forces me to install Chimera. On the other side of the coin, I don't understand why there isn't a Chameleon boot .plist by default.

Previously, I've never had to use any additional settings/DSDT's for my motherboard.

I'm convinced that the thing that's "ruining" this is the fact that the latest MultiBeast forces me to install Chimera.

You are quite wrong about Multibeast - It doesn't "Force" you to do anything.
It only installs the options that you select - If you don't want it to install Chimera just deselect that option.

Good Luck

I'm convinced that the thing that's "ruining" this is the fact that the latest MultiBeast forces me to install Chimera. On the other side of the coin, I don't understand why there isn't a Chameleon boot .plist by default.

Previously, I've never had to use any additional settings/DSDT's for my motherboard.

There isn't an /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist installed unless you use software/options that install it or create it yourself.

The ONLY way for the .plist to be made is if I do the only thing that MultiBeast lets me do. It won't make the .plist unless I do the quick start and install Chimera.

The ONLY way for the .plist to be made is if I do the only thing that MultiBeast lets me do. It won't make the .plist unless I do the quick start and install Chimera.

It's not the ONLY way at all - It's just a text file - You can create your own.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

That's all you need to start with.

Create a text document called org.chameleon.Boot.plist and paste that text into it.
Put the file in /Extra

Good Luck

Thanks for providing me with what to put in the .plist file. I've found out that the problem is actually caused by (this version of) MultiBeast not allowing me to install the ALC892 audio kexts unless I also install some UEFI support kext, which I had never needed in the past.

Thanks for providing me with what to put in the .plist file. I've found out that the problem is actually caused by (this version of) MultiBeast not allowing me to install the ALC892 audio kexts unless I also install some UEFI support kext, which I had never needed in the past.

UEFI support kext? What are you referring to?

I get the following whenever I try to install the ALC892 kext:

There is no '/Extra/modules/HDAEnabler.dylib', '/Extra/DSDT.aml', or '/Extra/SSDT.aml' file on the target volume. Either place one there, select 'Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1', or if you are using an EFI installed bootloader check 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support' to continue.

It says to install the EFI Installed Bootloader Support option, but when I do that, and reboot, I get a kernel backtrace error which has something to do with "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement". Out of curiosity I tried adding a pre-made DSDT for my (DH67BL) motherboard into the /Extra/ folder, but that yielded the exact same results, but that could very well be due to a bad DSDT, too.

Since I can reboot as is (before I install any kexts), it seems to me that the problem is with the ALC892 drivers. I find it odd since before (Like, 10.9.2-ish), I was able to install OS X, run MultiBeast, install the ALC892 kexts, and everything would be fine.

EDIT: I got the same results when simply adding the boot.plist file. It seems as if just adding that causes the problem.

I still have no idea why UniBeast didn't create an /Extra/ folder or anything within.

I get the following whenever I try to install the ALC892 kext:

There is no '/Extra/modules/HDAEnabler.dylib', '/Extra/DSDT.aml', or '/Extra/SSDT.aml' file on the target volume. Either place one there, select 'Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1', or if you are using an EFI installed bootloader check 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support' to continue.

It says to install the EFI Installed Bootloader Support option, but when I do that, and reboot, I get a kernel backtrace error which has something to do with "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement". Out of curiosity I tried adding a pre-made DSDT for my (DH67BL) motherboard into the /Extra/ folder, but that yielded the exact same results, but that could very well be due to a bad DSDT, too.

Since I can reboot as is (before I install any kexts), it seems to me that the problem is with the ALC892 drivers. I find it odd since before (Like, 10.9.2-ish), I was able to install OS X, run MultiBeast, install the ALC892 kexts, and everything would be fine.

EDIT: I got the same results when simply adding the boot.plist file. It seems as if just adding that causes the problem.

I still have no idea why UniBeast didn't create an /Extra/ folder or anything within.

Unless you're using Clover, the EFI stuff is not applicable. I assume you're using Chimera or Chameleon... In which case, you need HDAEnabler.dylib so the proper layout-id can be injected via options in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. The use of HDAEnabler.dylib is relatively new in Multibeast. It is an easier way to configure for novices than DSDT patching, and is more reliable than the old kext-based HDA enablers. If you had used Multibeast to install your bootloader (Chimera), you would have the required files present.

As far as DSDT for DH67BL, please refer to the link I provided already. I have a repo with DSDT patches and instructions for creating your own patched DSDT (it will be necessary for several features to work correctly). You should also read through my guide...

Unibeast is used only to create a USB installer. Unibeast cannot create an /Extra folder on your HDD. That is Multibeast's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back