Contribute
Register

Trying to use latest MultiBeast - "There is no (Chameleon Boot .plist) file on the target volume".

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 2500
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti (2GB)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
This morning I made a bootable Mavericks USB using the latest version of UniBeast. I need to install an audio kext, so when I install the latest MultiBeast and go to select the driver, I get this error:

> *There is no '/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist' file on the target volume. Either place one there or select 'Customize > Basic Boot Options' to continue.*

I do what it says, and when I restart, I'm unable to boot, due to a Kernel panic. I'm assuming this is because it's using Chameleon by default, and forcing me to download/use Chimera. I can restart and work fine BEFORE installing Chimera.

This morning I made a bootable Mavericks USB using the latest version of UniBeast. I need to install an audio kext, so when I install the latest MultiBeast and go to select the driver, I get this error:

> *There is no '/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist' file on the target volume. Either place one there or select 'Customize > Basic Boot Options' to continue.*

I do what it says, and when I restart, I'm unable to boot, due to a Kernel panic. I'm assuming this is because it's using Chameleon by default, and forcing me to download/use Chimera. I can restart and work fine BEFORE installing Chimera.

Why not try just building the Unibeast flash drive as per the instructions and then you can install your audio kext after you have installed the Operating System ?

Good Luck

Huh? I downloaded UniBeast, prepared it, installed OS X without any problems, and when I then installed/used MultiBeast, it gave me the errors. Everything is 100% fine until I run MultiBeast and (try to) install kexts.

I'm using the latest versions of UniBeast/MultiBeast, and I'm running OS X 10.9.4.

Then you're obviously using the wrong MB settings. Do a search here for your MB model and see what others are doing to make it work.

Also, might want to read the rules and put your specs in your profile so people know what hardware you're using, can't help without it...

My bad. Below are my specs. I've discussed this with someone else, and they told me that the issue is with this particular version of MultiBeast forcing a Chimera install.

BOARD: Intel DH67BL
CPU: Intel i5 2500 (3.3GHz, Sandy Bridge)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2GB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
RES: 1920x1080

My bad. Below are my specs. I've discussed this with someone else, and they told me that the issue is with this particular version of MultiBeast forcing a Chimera install.

BOARD: Intel DH67BL
CPU: Intel i5 2500 (3.3GHz, Sandy Bridge)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2GB)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
RES: 1920x1080

Even if you're using Chameleon, you should have an /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

As for your DH67BL, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-dh67gd-core-i7-2600k-hd3000-ml-10-8-2-a.html

...MultiBeast forcing a Chimera install.
First of all Multibeast doesn't force anything, it will automatically install Chimera if you select any option in Quick Start. Of course you need a bootloader so why not Chimera? I think if your did what Pilgrim suggested earlier you'd be up and running. This just isn't rocket science...

Why not try just building the Unibeast flash drive as per the instructions and then you can install your audio kext after you have installed the Operating System ?

I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the latest UniBeast, followed the instructions, made a Mavericks boot USB, installed that, and when I ran the latest MultiBeast, it forced me to install Chimera despite there being another bootloader already there. For some reason, by default, there wasn't an "Extra" folder with the Chameleon bootloader config file.

I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the latest UniBeast, followed the instructions, made a Mavericks boot USB, installed that, and when I ran the latest MultiBeast, it forced me to install Chimera despite there being another bootloader already there. For some reason, by default, there wasn't an "Extra" folder with the Chameleon bootloader config file.

Just use one of the Quick Start features in Multibeast. If you really want Chameleon, you can install it over Chimera later.

Installing the bootloader does not necessarily include a default bootloader configuration. They are separate things. Much like Chameleon, the Chimera standalone installer also does not provide an /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back