Contribute
Register

Trying to update to High Sierra but stuck at step 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted an update but in the wrong forum!!

UPDATE:

I put the APFS.EFI file in the EFI folder and now the HS system drive is booting!

There is still no WiFi hardware visible and the graphics are still flickering blue/orange.

I did get a reply in the other forum and I am going to try Lilu and DCPI manager

I posted an update but in the wrong forum!!

UPDATE:

I put the APFS.EFI file in the EFI folder and now the High Sierra system drive is booting!

There is still no WiFi hardware visible and the graphics are still flickering blue/orange.

I did get a reply in the other forum and I am going to try Lilu and DCPI manager

I cannot figure this one out. I'm updating to High Sierra I’m not new to hackintoshing but I’m learning (I think!) but I don’t know what else to try. This graphics issue is persistent - The screen is flickering constantly and I can’t find a fix for it. I expect it's something simple. In Clover configurator I have tried Inject Nvidia, NvidiaGeneric but without success and tried without any NVdia drivers.

A few points to note:
  1. My system drive in Clover Configurator is titled strangely. It's labeled AFPS Container and not it's drive title High Sierra I'm using Clover version 4423 - should I update? I'm nervous too as the machine is actually booting (I'm updating to High Sierra FYI).
  2. I have Lilu installed, I did install WhateverGreen but I don't know how to configure it. Can someone point me how to configure it for my card?
  3. In theory my graphics card (Zotac GeForce 640) should be supported natively within High Sierra.
  4. I have attached a .zip of my EFI folder to check if there are any glaring errors.
I would really appreciate any pointers here.
Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2018-10-24 16.08.17.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-24 16.08.17.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 65
I cannot figure this one out. I'm updating to High Sierra I’m not new to hackintoshing but I’m learning (I think!) but I don’t know what else to try. This graphics issue is persistent - The screen is flickering constantly and I can’t find a fix for it. I expect it's something simple. In Clover configurator I have tried Inject Nvidia, NvidiaGeneric but without success and tried without any NVdia drivers.

A few points to note:
  1. My system drive in Clover Configurator is titled strangely. It's labeled AFPS Container and not it's drive title High Sierra I'm using Clover version 4423 - should I update? I'm nervous too as the machine is actually booting (I'm updating to High Sierra FYI).
  2. I have Lilu installed, I did install WhateverGreen but I don't know how to configure it. Can someone point me how to configure it for my card?
  3. In theory my graphics card (Zotac GeForce 640) should be supported natively within High Sierra.
  4. I have attached a .zip of my EFI folder to check if there are any glaring errors.
I would really appreciate any pointers here.
Thank you.
  • Glad you finally made it:)
  • To fix the current issues, check the edited CLOVER/config.plist/screen shots viewed in Clover Configurator Global
  1. Devices
  2. Graphics
  3. Rt Variables
  4. System Parameters
I have annotated as to how you should change and then Save the edited config.plist clicking the 2nd arrow toward bottom of Left Panel of Clover Configurator Global window as shown in the image #4.

Attachments

• 1.Devices.png
    1.Devices.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.Graphics.png
    2.Graphics.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    3.Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 4.System Parameters.png
    4.System Parameters.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 77
Cmn699 - thank you so much. This is great! I will let you know how I get on.
  • It will fix the issues of your Video problem .
I forgot to answer your question about CCG showing your System Disks EFI in its windows as you wrote
My system drive in Clover Configurator is titled strangely. It's labeled AFPS Container and not it's drive title High Sierra
That is CCG's NORMAL way of displaying EFI of a Disk with less prominence to Disk Title and more to EFI. Your disk title is shown there as HighSierra

• If you have already done "Finder>Preferences>[√] Hard Disks [√]External Disks, your System Disk icon will have the name you have given it on the HDD icon displayed on the Right side of your Desktop.

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation. Unfortunately this has not fixed the graphics issue. It’s so strange. I think I’m going to see what it’s like just with the internal graphics it will limit me to a single monitor which is too bad. But it may be enough. Am I correct in thinking for internal graphics I just disable NVDIA and inject intel and set graphics to IGFX in the bios?

The airport card I cannot figure out how to configure however. It will not appear as an option in network settings.

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation. Unfortunately this has not fixed the graphics issue. It’s so strange. I think I’m going to see what it’s like just with the internal graphics it will limit me to a single monitor which is too bad. But it may be enough. Am I correct in thinking for internal graphics I just disable NVDIA and inject intel and set graphics to IGFX in the bios?

The airport card I cannot figure out how to configure however. It will not appear as an option in network settings.

• Since you had all the troubles with that Nvidia Card which is apparently Natively Supported, I would not rely on Disabling it in the BIOS.

• I will physically remove it from its PCIE slot and connect the HDMI cable from the Monitor to the HDMI port of Intel HD Graphics.

• The Steps I would suggest are as follows:

• From the current settings , reboot and enter BIOS pressing Del key
  • In BIOS go to Peripherals
  • Change settings as shown in the uploaded image 1 annotated within Purple Rectangle for INTEL HD
  • Save the edited BIOS Pressing F-10 and reboot
  • Stop the reboot by pressing On/Off Switch before the Display reaches the CBM screen.
  • Remove Power Cable and discharge any residual current pressing On/Off switch.
  • Disconnect the HDMI Video Cable from NVIDIA PCIE Graphics and connect to the Intel HD Graphics
  • Open the Case and carefully Remove NVIDIA card from PCIE slot.
  • Reconnect Power
  • Reboot
  • Go back to BIOS and make sure Peripherals has the previously selected options shown in the image
  • Make sure First boot Device in your BIOS Features >Boot Option Priorities is the UEFI System Disk and all other devices in that list are DISABLED
  • Save with F-10 and reboot to CBM.
  • Make sure Options> Graphics Injector--> has
    • [√] InjectIntel
    • Fake ID : 1628086
    • *-platform ID =1660003
  • Return to CBM and Boot your System Disk
  • If everything is OK, edit your CLOVER-Config.plist_ Devices with Fake ID for IntelGfx =1628086 and config.plist _Graphics showing [√]InjectIntel and ig-platform-id =01660003

Attachments

• 1.BIOS Peripherlas for Intel HD Graphics.png
    1.BIOS Peripherlas for Intel HD Graphics.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 72
Hi there,
Unfortunately, I had to give up on updating to High Sierra. I just could not get that bizarre graphics issue sorted nor the WiFi working. I really just don't understand the specifics enough to continue. I will stick with El Capitan for the moment. In the mean time, do you have any advice for how I can get my system to sleep and wake in El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back