Contribute
Register

Trying to update to High Sierra but stuck at step 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running 10.11.6 and I am trying to update to High Sierra.

I updated clover, and followed the steps to step 4.

When I tried to install High Sierra due to my Model Identifier being incompatible it would not allow me to install it.

I used Multibeast to change the model identifier to:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,2

But then upon reboot, it got stuck and I get this screen at boot.

I was able however to boot into my system drive using my old El Capitan boot loader thumb drive.

I now seem to be in a catch-22 where if I proceed with the HS update it needs to restart but it won't restart as the Clover install seems to have messed things up.

What should I do? I'm not a natural at this and I would really appreciate any direction!
Thank you,

Felix

Attachments

• IMG-4311.JPG
    IMG-4311.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
I am running 10.11.6 and I am trying to update to High Sierra.

I updated clover, and followed the steps to step 4.

When I tried to install High Sierra due to my Model Identifier being incompatible it would not allow me to install it.

I used Multibeast to change the model identifier to:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,2

But then upon reboot, it got stuck and I get this screen at boot.

I was able however to boot into my system drive using my old El Capitan boot loader thumb drive.

I now seem to be in a catch-22 where if I proceed with the HS update it needs to restart but it won't restart as the Clover install seems to have messed things up.

What should I do? I'm not a natural at this and I would really appreciate any direction!
Thank you,

Felix
  • Upload your CLOVER from, the USB installer as zipped file.
  • You may use the following steps
    • Attach your USB to the Mac/Hack it was created
    • Click "Finder" on Dock and from Top menubar click "Finder>Preferences" and click and place [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks so that your Hard disks and USB disks attached to your System will be displayed with their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy navigation. (see image)
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • From its Left "TOOLS" bar click on "Mount EFI" and then "Mount Partition" on the desktop ( see composite image of accessing CLOVER)
  • Upload your BIOS Screen shots showing your options for Graphics, and USB Controllers (Peripherals) and Boot Option Priorities
    • You can capture and Save BIOS Screen images to a FAT32 formatted Flash disk straight from BIOS by pressing F12 while viewing a screen showing your chosen BIOS options. Images will be saved once you press ENTER when prompted with OK . Please Note there may be a lag of many seconds after you press F12. for the disk to be ready to accept image saving.
    • Your High Sierra Boot disk (Flash disk) has a lot of empty space in its EFI partition where you have installed your EFI Boot loader when you created it using UniBeast.. The F12 screen capture images will be Automatically Saved in that EFI .
    • If you then take and connect that USB installer in a Mac or Hack ( you have to do that to get CLOVER folder any way in the steps above this) and use the CCG to mount it , you will see the numbered images (BMP) in EFI Folder.
    • You cannot post the BMP images to the Forum as they can display only PNG and JPG and not BMP.
    • You can zip the BMP and upload that as another file or convert BMP into PNG using Preview (or other Graphics editor) and upload as images to the Forum.

Attachments

• 1.Finder_Preferences.png
    1.Finder_Preferences.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.EFI Mounting and CLOVER compress.png
    2.EFI Mounting and CLOVER compress.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 88
I am not using a USB installer as I am updating from 10.11.6. (following the instructions as per: Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)).

I am attaching a .zip file of clover from the partition on my EFI partition on my current system drive (currently running 10.11.6). Does that help? And also relevant screenshots from my BIOS.

I really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 181016232246.jpeg
    181016232246.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 181016232255.jpeg
    181016232255.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 181016232543.jpeg
    181016232543.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 181016232420.jpeg
    181016232420.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 181016232414.jpeg
    181016232414.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 181016232402.jpeg
    181016232402.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 181016232549.jpeg
    181016232549.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 76
Anyone???
  • I reviewed all your uploaded files.
  • I have found problems both in your BIOS options and the CLOVER.
  • The immediate Kernel Panic you have encountered is from lack of" AptioFix......EFI" in your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.EFI ( uploaded edited image)
  • I will update this post with all the uploaded images (BIOS and rest of CLOVER including config.plist later when I get time)

Attachments

• 1.:EFI:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    1.:EFI:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 93
Thank you. I eagerly await your updated post!

I am basically a novice at this - If you could let me know or links to a post explaining where and how to save the config.plist file that would be much appreciated.

Thank you. I eagerly await your updated post!

I am basically a novice at this - If you could let me know or links to a post explaining where and how to save the config.plist file that would be much appreciated.
  • I am uploading a zipped EFI Folder hoping to help you pass the boot error.
  • To get and use it, you should be back at the screen you sent me the screen shots from your old system.
  • From there you can download this zipped EFI and unzip and extract (simply Dbl- clicking the zipped EFI will create the Blue EFI Folder in your Hack)
  • Next using your Clover Configurator Global, mount the EFI Partition of your current System you are trying to upgrade as previously suggested and performed in thread #2
  • Copy that original EFI from your System and save it in a Flash drive just in case this new one from me does not work and you want to go back.
  • Next, you delete that EFI Folder from your EFI Partition so there is nothing in your EFI Partition.
  • Next copy the Extracted EFI Folder and paste it on the empty EFI Partition to get a new edited EFI Folder.
  • You should also open that copied and pasted EFI Folder and look inside CLOVER/drivers64UEFI , CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and compare with what your old EFI/CLOVER had to recognize the changes made.
  • I also recommend Right- click config.plist (/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) and select open with .. "Clover Configurator"
  • Then in the next screen walk through Each SECTION from ACPI to the last System Parameters and make a comparison with the Original EFI/CLOVER/config.plist that did not work.
  • If you feel satisfied , go down to the 2nd arrow at the bottom of Left Panel of CCG screen and select Save As ..config and Save OK in the new EFI/CLOVER/config.plist . Disregard any other distracting prompts; just SAVE the opened and looked around config.plist in the newly transplanted EFI/CLOVER .
  • Close ALL those opened windows and reboot .
  • Take pictures of Verbose boot screens to upload for problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back