Contribute
Register

Trying to reinstall El Capitan, Getting 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GYGABYTE H87 D3H
CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

So I'm trying to reinstall El Capitan since I wanted to start over (I kind of messed up the post install on the previous intallation). But when booting fron the usb, I get the infamous Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport message, and then the line

Mac-mini.local com.apple.xpc.launch[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 255

My build:
GTX 970
i5 4460
Gigabyte H87 DH3

I have booted with -v nv_disable=1 and -s -v nv_disable=1 with no luck. If i don't use -v, all I get is a grey screen when the loading is finished.

This is frustrating since I had no issues previously booting with -v nv_disable=1, and I have no bluetooth devices connected. I only have connected through usb a mouse, keyboard, usb wifi card and usb boot device. I'm quite lost here.

Anyways, thank you all in advance for your help!

You can try with dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

That would handle VT-d if it's not disabled in BIOS.

You should have inject nvidia = false in config.plist

If you're still having problems please post a photo of the whole screen where it stops, and post your config.plist as well.

Hey thanks for the answer.
I did what you suggested with no luck.
I'm attaching a photo with the screen with the 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport' message.
Unfortunately, I dont think I can acces config.plist unless I'm missing something. I can't boot el Capitan (deleted it), and I dont seem to be able to acces the EFI partition of the previous eC installation from windows. Is there any other way to access it, like from clover bootscreen of something?
Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20160125040809.jpg
    20160125040809.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 181
You have one or more serial ports enabled in BIOS. You should disable them as they are known to cause problems. It will be in your BIOS setup somewhere, perhaps under Super I/O.

If that alone doesn't fix the problem, there is a config.plist on your USB install drive. It's on the EFI partition, which is not mounted by default, at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. That is a FAT partition so you should be able to open it on pretty much any OS, you just need to mount it.

Note that whatever you try for the installer, for a GTX 970 you will need to include the boot argument "nv_disable=1" until you can get OS X installed and install the Nvidia Web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back