Contribute
Register

Trying to patch framebuffer for XFX RX 580 8GB in Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Png show AGDP is enabled, WEG will apply AGDP patch on some SMBIOSs but not all.

For black screen issue on RX4XX/5XX, disable AGDP first, try below patch.

WEG does not apply AGDP for the MacPro 5,1 Smbios?

After 10 days trying to get the 3rd monitor to work, still no positive results with WEG and Lilu. Any hints?

I've been on the same issue for weeks and I can't get the graphic to work smoothly

After 10 days trying to get the 3rd monitor to work, still no positive results with WEG and Lilu. Any hints?

How about you inject Orinoco framebuffer and disable the patch. You should have working ports, 2x DP, 2x HDMI, one DVI.

well this is actually a very annouying thing because I really can't verify if the graphic acceleration is working or not and when i expand/move the screen its smooth but the fonts of the folders seem doubles ( blurry )

I have spent hours trying to make all the ports of my HD 7850 (two mDP, one HDMI and one DVI) and HD 7870 (two mDP, one HDMI and two DVI) work with Mohave 10.14.4 but I could only get the two mDP ports work using a mDP to HDMI adapter and a mDP to DVI adapter. Is there any way to make the video card HDMI and DVI ports work without the use of a mDP adapter? Or am I wasting my time trying?

Just to follow up this thread. I'm also trying to solve multiple displays issue with XFX RX 580 (RX-580P8DFD6) on legacy build from signature. The only way to get even two displays working is patched Orinoco FB.
BTW purple tint over HDMI (as OP mentioned) is not connected to GPU - that is known issue with OSX sending YPbPr instead of RGB to display. If your display does not support YPbPr the only solution is patching EDID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back