Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
And how do you flash a Radeon card on a MAC?
2 options:
  1. Install WINDOWS? It's a free download and you can use it to flash the VBIOS or
  2. Download a ROM from TechPowerUP and use Clover to inject it. Match it as closely as you can and rename it to the GPU ID of your XFX which you can also look up at the same site. Using an XFX RX-580 that would be something like 1002_67DF.rom Put the file in Clovers rom folder and set it up to inject.
Sounds like I offended you, that was not my intention, I was genuinely curious as to why you hadn't tried the above options.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-SLI
CPU
Xeon E5
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You did not offend me at all. On the contrary, I am glad you replied to my interrogations. Yes, I do have Windows 10 on one of my hard drives. Are you saying that I could flash my Sapphire HD 7850 with a rom from a different card?

Thanks

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
You did not offend me at all. On the contrary, I am glad you replied to my interrogations. Yes, I do have Windows 10 on one of my hard drives. Are you saying that I could flash my Sapphire HD 7850 with a rom from a different card?

Thanks
Yes but not sure that would help! The title of the thread was for XFX 580, sorry If I misunderstood and wasted your time.

Motherboard
Supermicro X8DA6
CPU
X5690 x 2
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am just curious, why haven’t you guys just flashed PowerColor or Sapphire firmware to your XFX cards?

Does it not work?
I have actually tried injecting Sapphire, Power Color and Asus ROM but without success. It is not that XFX is not working (it is working quite good actually with 15100 on LuxMark test for example), and multi display setup problems are not uncommon for above mentioned cards too. This is just issue with non-referent layout and port priority, probably with motherboard added to the mix :)