Contribute
Register

Trying to install Yosemite on HP Envy 17T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at the screen myself and if i'm not mistaking that's a CPU panic (i think it will require) CPUS=1 to continue.

Okay As i mentioned before, created the flash card as instructed by clover for laptops. there are a couple of options to consider but i started the installation, from clover with the drive (flash) and got this screen; so now we are making progress but clover won't let me put in arguments (or at least i'm not seing where i can put this) ........ I'll get there !!!
View attachment 113385View attachment 113386View attachment 113387

You're not using the correct config.plist. Read carefully.

I looked at several cards to replace my wifi and I'm not sure which one will physically fit in the HP Envy 17T. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

thanks in advance

I looked at several cards to replace my wifi and I'm not sure which one will physically fit in the HP Envy 17T. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

thanks in advance

Most laptops with replaceable wifi are half-mini PCIe. Some new laptops (usually Ultrabooks) are switching to NGFF cards. Refer to your service manual.

Cool thanks I'm putting an order in for the Broadcom mini card. Thanks again

RehabMan - Update: i have build the laptop W/Clover and the results (With your Help is Good)

Using Clover i was able to build out the machine (Laptop) get the laptop to run without the Clover USB stick, use multiple kexts to get the hardware running, Ethernet, Sound, Wireless & bluetooth. ran updates via Apple (10.10.1) and all went smooth. i am now tweeaking the audio because the sound is incredibly low. my next tweak will be the fingerprint scanner and the touchscreen. (Low Priority). But other than that the HP Envy 17T Touchsmart K000 CTO works fine with Hackintosh.

If no one ever thanked you for your help

Thanks for all your Help RehabMan !!!!

Looks like this laptop needs clover kernel power management patch and apic patch. Does this laptop support SATA 6Gbps? What is your SSD read/write speed, is it close to 500MB/s?

What is not working on your laptop? Touchscreen and fingerprint reader will probably never work. Does everything else work fine?

Well, I make all stuff in the post... But the screen still with problems, the refresh or something like that is not cool...

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back