Contribute
Register

Trying to install Windows on second SSD, stuck. Cannot figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try using Rufus in mac again then to make the USB from an image I download from microsoft and try that.. I think I did once though, and it wouldn't work. We'll see.... Right now I'm struggling because I can't get friggin' Netflix or Hulu to paly. Oi.
Try this instead, https://unetbootin.github.io/ rufus is Windoze only.

Okay, now here's the first major problem. There's no mac Rufus. I have no access to a windows system, this is entirely the issue.
Download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft's website using safari. Mount the ISO once it finishes downloading. Use disk utility to restore the ISO to your USB. Or use terminal as listed in this guide:

Download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft's website using safari. Mount the ISO once it finishes downloading. Use disk utility to restore the ISO to your USB. Or use terminal as listed in this guide:
Which format for the format? FAT? ExFat? And What Scheme? GUID?

thanks, will give this a go. pray for moi

Okay, now here's the first major problem. There's no mac Rufus. I have no access to a windows system, this is entirely the issue.
Have you tried downloading the Win10 install image and restoring the image to a USB with the Mac Disk Utility?

Have you tried downloading the Win10 install image and restoring the image to a USB with the Mac Disk Utility?

So, I was successful but it required making an installer within Windows. No matter what I did, for some reason making the installer in MacOS just does not permit me to install Windows properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back