Contribute
Register

Trying to install OSX mavricks on EX 495...requires GUID formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
iMac
CPU
Core i7
Graphics
iMac
I am trying to install Mavricks onto a hard drive connected to my wife's Macbook Pro latop, which itself is running Mavricks.

I have formatted the server drive as required using Master Boot record for both partitions (1.5TB drive, partitioned to two, one 250GB, one 1.25TB)

I created a Mavricks installer USB as per the guides.

I boot the Mac laptop using the USB insaller and then look to install onto the external hard drive 250GB partition (which will become the server HD)

When I do this, the installer instructs me to re-format the drive using the GUID partition table and wont allow me to install Mavricks onto the Master Boot Record installer disk.

My intention was to install the OS onto the 250GB partition, install the Multibeast components, then return the drive to Bay 1 of the HP MSS EX 495 and try booting. But I can't even install the OS.

What simple and obviousl screw up might I be making. I have searched to try and find a solution here, but was unsuccessful, hence my query.

No love? Can I format the 250GB partition per Apple requirements and have it run on the HP 495 EX?

Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back