Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z390 Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
I am trying to install High Sierra onto my desktop computer and I keep getting the prohibited sign and aren't able to get to the osx install screen.

The hard drive I'm trying to install on is empty.

I have attached two screenshots: one of verbose mode showing what happens right after I select the install osx usb in clover (basically shows to where it hangs up) and the second of the screen after it hangs up and shows the prohibited sign.

I would appreciate any feedback on next steps to fix this issue to get to the install screen...

Thank you in advance...

Mark

I am trying to install High Sierra onto my desktop computer and I keep getting the prohibited sign and aren't able to get to the osx install screen.

The hard drive I'm trying to install on is empty.

I have attached two screenshots: one of verbose mode showing what happens right after I select the install osx usb in clover (basically shows to where it hangs up) and the second of the screen after it hangs up and shows the prohibited sign.

I would appreciate any feedback on next steps to fix this issue to get to the install screen...

Thank you in advance...

Mark

View attachment 391324View attachment 391325
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

usb issue, make sure to use a usb2.0 stick, try all usb ports

Just filled out hardware profile... USB stick I'm using is 3.0 but using it in 2.0 slot on computer... Do I need a 2.0 USB stick as well?

Just filled out hardware profile... USB stick I'm using is 3.0 but using it in 2.0 slot on computer... Do I need a 2.0 USB stick as well?
yes, use a usb2.0 stick

I re-created unibeast usb drive on new usb 2.o thumb drive and inserted it into the rear usb 2.0 port on the motherboard vs the top case panel and I've gotten to the osx install screen... Also, unplugged the secondary data hard drive to avoid potential conflicts...

Formatted the os hard drive and started installation.. went through language selection...license agreement...drive selection and then it starts installing but when it reboots, I select to boot from the hard drive (not the unibeast usb) and it gives me the "MACOS COULD NOT BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER" error...

I've searched on the forum and internet and found some recommendations like installing kexts, etc but I don't really understand how to add those during the setup, etc..

Any feedback anyone could offer would be very appreciated.,..

Thank you in advance...

Can anyone help direct me to the next step I should try?

During the install you may need to look closely and choose install macOS option in clover once again. Check to see if there are 2 install tabs? One is the USB and the other is the disk. Chose the install from (insert disk name) disk.

To install more Kexts to the USB clover stick use a Mac or working Hackintosh and mount the EFI of the USB. Then open up the clover folder and place them in Kexts/Other folder where you should have at minimum already FakeSMCkext.

Thank you. I've tried installing High Sierra from usb several times (after erasing target system hard drive, etc before each try) and then after restart, selecting the internal hard drive as the boot option.

Each time it takes me to the "MACOS COULD NOT BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER" error screen.

I have been trying to install on SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)

After several failed attempts, I tried installing on a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Same issue on both....

Checked and double-checked bios to match unibeast instructions and it looks to be the same as detailed.

I haven't installed any seperate kexts. Just tried to go through default unibeast install process.

More details about my system:
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB (VR Ready)

Any next steps anyone could provide would be very appreciated...

Can anyone help direct me to the next step I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back