Contribute
Register

Trying to install for the first time and it wont work. Some help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I hit the delete key on my new PC with an Asus X99-A board and when I choose the usb stick to boot into The Yosemite logo comes up and I click on that then the grey apple screen but its not loading in the bar at all. Any help?

I hit the delete key on my new PC with an Asus X99-A board and when I choose the usb stick to boot into The Yosemite logo comes up and I click on that then the grey apple screen but its not loading in the bar at all. Any help?
Please post the exact hardware specs for troubleshooting also put them in your profile

My system is a new PC build with the following:

Intel i7 5820k
Asus mb X99-A
16 Ballistix GIG DDR4 RAM
XFX Black Edition Double D R9-280X-TDBD Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

H100i cpu cooler
Samsung EVO 850 SSD 120 GIG (For Mac OS)
Samsung Pro 850 SSD 120 GIG (For windows)
Intel 730 series SSD 240 gig (for editing)
WD 7200 rpm 1tb drive (storage)

My system is a new PC build with the following:

Intel i7 5820k
Asus mb X99-A
16 Ballistix GIG DDR4 RAM
XFX Black Edition Double D R9-280X-TDBD Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

H100i cpu cooler
Samsung EVO 850 SSD 120 GIG (For Mac OS)
Samsung Pro 850 SSD 120 GIG (For windows)
Intel 730 series SSD 240 gig (for editing)
WD 7200 rpm 1tb drive (storage)
There is no native support for haswell-e CPUs in the kernel of OS x you will have to patch the kernel to install I recommend using clover for a boot loader and making your usb installer following the clover guide with the except of using clover configurator to change the config.plist to include the kernel patch for haswell-e CPUs clover is very different than any chameleon based boot loaders and is a little bit trickier to configure but it's definitely doable make a clover installer with the kernel patches included in the config.plist and if you have Trouble post back with a quality screen shot of where the text stops when booting in verbose for further troubleshooting I think you might wanna do a little homework and some Google searching to get familiar with the whole process
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back