Contribute
Register

Trying to get to installation screen. X299 Ga Aorus 3, i7-7820X, 64g, 1tb nvme, Vega FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I referenced in my last post. He doesn't use a thumb drive universe installer and he doesn't make a guide.

That's what I referenced in my last post. He doesn't use a thumb drive universe installer and he doesn't make a guide.
true but there is some snippets of information you could use

An earlier version of high sierra worked for me on my USB 3.0 64 GB ( i may have had to split it to 32gb x 2 partitions.. I don't see anyone talking about this now though)
UniBeast 8 Troubleshooting Notes said:
16. UniBeast will only write to an external drive with a partition of 32 GB or less. Larger drives will need to be partitioned.

SO I ended up buying a gigabyte z270x-ud3 and i7-7700k again. I've got it setup with an 4x 580 and 120gb ssd running 10.12.6. I've now got the NVME 960 eve tb drive connected but I can't seem to format and install to it. I see a great deal of confusing and outdated information about this online. How can I proceed with this drive?

SO I ended up buying a gigabyte z270x-ud3 and i7-7700k again. I've got it setup with an 4x 580 and 120gb ssd running 10.12.6. I've now got the NVME 960 eve tb drive connected but I can't seem to format and install to it. I see a great deal of confusing and outdated information about this online. How can I proceed with this drive?

MacOS Sierra has no native support for NVMe SSDs such as your 960 EVO. You need High Sierra for that.

Hi! x299 gaming 3 motherboard with 10.11.3 setup succeeded. However, installing the Nvidia Web driver on a dual boot system fails. Help for solution

Hi! x299 gaming 3 motherboard with 10.11.3 setup succeeded. However, installing the Nvidia Web driver on a dual boot system fails. Help for solution
Paste into terminal:
Code:
source <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.25.160
If the driver doesn't load check here.

Were you ever got farther with it? I'm having the same issue with my X299 Aorus Gaming 3 Pro.. Apple Logo and an empty Progress Bar, no matter what changes I made..

I was able to go to the Installation window, and even start the installation. Added npci=0x2000 in options.. But, everything goes so s l o w like theres a sync issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back