Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 500 14-isk
CPU
Core i5-6200u
Graphics
Intel HD 520
I found this kext that claim to fix TL-WN722N v.1 compatibility on Hackintosh:
https://github.com/acanive/TL-WN722N

I Tried to install either through EFI/OC/Kexts and Library/Extensions but none of them working.

I even tried to manually load the kext but still no luck.

I hope somebody would be able to help me get this things to work. thanks

Attachments

• TL-WN722N-v7(working).zip
    140.3 KB · Views: 99
  • TL-WN722N-v7.kext.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 74
I found this kext that claim to fix TL-WN722N v.1 compatibility on Hackintosh:
https://github.com/acanive/TL-WN722N

I Tried to install either through EFI/OC/Kexts and Library/Extensions but none of them working.

I even tried to manually load the kext but still no luck.

I hope somebody would be able to help me get this things to work. thanks

Which version of macOS are you using?

I'm running Bigsur 11.6.8

Okay.

You might want to try editing the Info.plist in the kext to reflect the macOS version. It is currently set for Catalina. This might or might not help.

Also you might need to install the TP-Link driver and then just replace the kext as there could be dependencies the installer would put in place.

Just a couple of thoughts ...

Okay.

You might want to try editing the Info.plist in the kext to reflect the macOS version. It is currently set for Catalina. This might or might not help.

Also you might need to install the TP-Link driver and then just replace the kext as there could be dependencies the installer would put in place.

Just a couple of thoughts ...
I changed the "DTSDKBuild" but still no luck.

as for the driver, it's simply not exist for mac os on the official tp-link website.

this is the closest driver that I found from github, it's not even finished yet

Attachments

• Atheros-AR9271-master.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 74
it's simply not exist for mac os on the official tp-link website.

Yes, it does. I have seen it.

It is for a later version that uses the Realtek chip instead of Atheros (I believe) which is why I suggested using the installer as the basis and substituting the Atheros kext once installed.

However I do not know if the creator of the Atheros kext changed all the code, or just the device-id's, which is why I said it might or might not, work.

:)

How am I suppose to do this?

Sorry, in post #5 you upload the source files for the kext, so I assumed you knew how to compile with XCODE and understood Info.plist files. You also uploaded source in post #1.

The compiled kext you have appears to be called "TL-WN722N.kext". You just need to check what the kext is that TP-Link's installer puts in the Library/Extensions folder.

You can then do one of two things -

1) Put the "TL-WN722N.kext" file you found on GitHub in the EFI/OC/kexts folder AND declare it in your config.plist. Because you have used the original installer, the menu icon, dependancies and control-panel will also be installed. However if the original TP-Link kext loads after your new one - and it has the same name - this may not work, so ...

2) ** Check the name of the original TP-Link kext and experiment with replacing it with your new one using our kextbeast.app. I said this is an experiment, so take due care.

** ALWAYS make a bootable back-up USB drive so that if anything goes wrong you are still able to boot your PC and put the problem right by removing the kext and using:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

... to rebuild the caches as they were.

:thumbup:

If the suggestions I have made above do not mean anything to you, then please do not attempt this as you may damage your working macOS system.

I'm sorry I can't help further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back