Contribute
Register

Trying to get desktop to Sleep properly... "Wake reason: ? (network)". GA-X79-UP4, 10.9.1 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hackintosh is otherwise fine except for inconsistent responses to being put to sleep. Sometimes, when I put the computer to sleep, it goes down fine. Lights and fans off and everything. This usually happens after a restart or the first time that I put it to sleep. Usually, the next times that I try to get it to sleep, it goes down, lights/fans off, and then they immediately start up again. Looking at the console the wake reason reads as:

"Wake reason: ? (network)"

I can't figure this out. I've tried unplugging all USB devices, unplugging ethernet, disabling wi-fi, etc. It still does this even when the computer is not connected to the internet or to any other computer. I went into the BIOS and disabled 'wake on LAN', but I still get the ? (network) message.

What could be causing this? Could it be an unnecessary kext that I have installed?

Just sending this to the top again in case anyone can help me.

Still haven't been able to fix this, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Look in System Preferences - Energy Saver - Wake for Network Access.

Also, you could try adding darkwake=0 to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist (you can do this easily with Chameleon Wizard)

Good Luck

Trying to get desktop to Sleep properly... "Wake reason: ? (network)". GA-X79-UP4, 10.9.1 Mavericks

Check your BIOS setup.
Disable Wake on LAN.

- - - Updated - - -

Check your BIOS setup.
Disable Wake on LAN.

- - - Updated - - -

Check your BIOS setup.
Disable Wake on LAN.

I double-checked my energy saver settings (I had thought they might be an issue), but wake for network access is not on. And I already have darkwake=0 in my boot plist. It's really strange, and it's the only thing holding back my hackintosh from being a perfect install. Sometimes it DOES go to sleep and the lights all shut down, other times it spins right back up again, and other times it hangs after waking up from sleep. Sometimes when it wakes up from sleep it shows "xHC restore error" in the console, which I think is something USB related but I haven't been able to pinpoint what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back