Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProART Z490- Creator 10G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,
This is my first build so please my ignorance and the stupid questions that will follow.
I have an Asus Z490 ProArt 10G Creator motherboard, Intel i9 10850 Comet Lake processor, using the built in iGPU for now.
I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and built my config.plist with Opencore.

I can't get the built in audio working and I also have a Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt device I'm looking to hook up for my Audio production.

I have seen threads regarding both of these issues but I can't seem to wrap my head around what needs to be done to get my audio going.

For the built in Audio I know I need to change the layout id's but am confused about how to do this with Propertree and Opencore.
I know the codec is a Realtec S1220A and the it's layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 20, 21
Just not sure how to add it into the config.plist.

For my Quantum Thunderbolt interface.
I've tried the code from this post -https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lt-2-audio-interface-help.226705/post-2026944

updating the version of Universal Control to the latest one so this is the code..

[ -d ~/presonus ] || mkdir ~/presonus
cd ~/presonus
curl -s 'https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/dmg/PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg' > PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg
hdiutil attach PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg
pkgutil --expand-full /Volumes/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control.pkg PreSonus\ Universal\ Control
cp -R PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/TB\ Audio\ Driver.pkg/Payload/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext quantum_driver.kext
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum1.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2626.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum4848.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

mount | grep ' on / ' | grep 'read-only' && sudo mount -uw /
[[ -d /quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /quantum_driver.kext
sudo cp -R quantum_driver.kext /quantum_driver.kext
cd /
sudo chown -R root:wheel quantum_driver.kext
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;
[[ -d /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
[[ -d /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo mv quantum_driver.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo kextload -v 6 /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo kextcache -i /
echo "done"

and this is what I get

zsh: command not found: -d
mkdir: /Users/j.hackziger/presonus: File exists

Any and all help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,
This is my first build so please my ignorance and the stupid questions that will follow.
I have an Asus Z490 ProArt 10G Creator motherboard, Intel i9 10850 Comet Lake processor, using the built in iGPU for now.
I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and built my config.plist with Opencore.

I can't get the built in audio working and I also have a Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt device I'm looking to hook up for my Audio production.

I have seen threads regarding both of these issues but I can't seem to wrap my head around what needs to be done to get my audio going.

For the built in Audio I know I need to change the layout id's but am confused about how to do this with Propertree and Opencore.
I know the codec is a Realtec S1220A and the it's layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 20, 21
Just not sure how to add it into the config.plist.

For my Quantum Thunderbolt interface.
I've tried the code from this post -https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lt-2-audio-interface-help.226705/post-2026944

updating the version of Universal Control to the latest one so this is the code..

[ -d ~/presonus ] || mkdir ~/presonus
cd ~/presonus
curl -s 'https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/dmg/PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg' > PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg
hdiutil attach PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_4_1_63149.dmg
pkgutil --expand-full /Volumes/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control.pkg PreSonus\ Universal\ Control
cp -R PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/TB\ Audio\ Driver.pkg/Payload/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext quantum_driver.kext
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum1.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2626.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum4848.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

mount | grep ' on / ' | grep 'read-only' && sudo mount -uw /
[[ -d /quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /quantum_driver.kext
sudo cp -R quantum_driver.kext /quantum_driver.kext
cd /
sudo chown -R root:wheel quantum_driver.kext
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;
[[ -d /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
[[ -d /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo mv quantum_driver.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo kextload -v 6 /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo kextcache -i /
echo "done"

and this is what I get

zsh: command not found: -d
mkdir: /Users/j.hackziger/presonus: File exists

Any and all help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you looked at this user guide?

Hey Scott,
That's the guide I used for my BIOS settings, and I left the 10G LAN card out to make sure the Thunderbolt will work, but I have not had any success. I didn't see any posts in the thread regarding audio problems.

At this point I want to get the onboard audio jacks recognized and then worry about the Thunderbolt.

I've tried all the layout id options in device management in my config.plist and still cannot get anything to show up in the Sound System Preferences.
My rig seems to be running fine outside of that - boots nicely, Ethernet working, USB ports working.
I've attached my EFI - if anyone can take a look and see if there's something I'm missing that would be amazing.
Thanks!

Attachments

• JA EFI Z490G.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hey Scott,
That's the guide I used for my BIOS settings, and I left the 10G LAN card out to make sure the Thunderbolt will work, but I have not had any success. I didn't see any posts in the thread regarding audio problems.

At this point I want to get the onboard audio jacks recognized and then worry about the Thunderbolt.

I've tried all the layout id options in device management in my config.plist and still cannot get anything to show up in the Sound System Preferences.
My rig seems to be running fine outside of that - boots nicely, Ethernet working, USB ports working.
I've attached my EFI - if anyone can take a look and see if there's something I'm missing that would be amazing.
Thanks!
Make a post in the thread for your board you will get more looks at your problem.

Hey Scott,
Thanks!
I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Looking through that thread right now and going to see if I can find a solution from there, and if not I'll make a post.

Thanks again for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back