Intel Core i3-3110M
Intel HD4000
Realtek Ethernet
Clover Bootloader r3625

Partition-1: EFI
Partition-2: Mac OS
Partition-3: Ubuntu 16.04

Problem:
So my problem arose after I updated Ubuntu, in those update, there was a new kernel image too, so of course, Grub2 got reinstalled with new configs. After doing the update, Clover doesn't show up, and I get to it by Boot Device Options. Upon booting to Mac OS I reinstalled clover after deleting it from the EFI partition, Clover installed successfully, I then reboot the laptop, but guess what, it boots directly to Ubuntu. No matter how I do it, but now if there is Ubuntu folder with grub in EFI then the laptop boots directly into it whether the Clover is present or not.

Thank you, but please help. :)

Config:
HP-Pavillion-G6-2231tx
Intel Core i3-3110M
Intel HD4000
Realtek Ethernet
Clover Bootloader r3625

Partition-1: EFI
Partition-2: Mac OS
Partition-3: Ubuntu 16.04

Problem:
So my problem arose after I updated Ubuntu, in those update, there was a new kernel image too, so of course, Grub2 got reinstalled with new configs. After doing the update, Clover doesn't show up, and I get to it by Boot Device Options. Upon booting to Mac OS I reinstalled clover after deleting it from the EFI partition, Clover installed successfully, I then reboot the laptop, but guess what, it boots directly to Ubuntu. No matter how I do it, but now if there is Ubuntu folder with grub in EFI then the laptop boots directly into it whether the Clover is present or not.

Thank you, but please help. :)
Purge Grub2 from the HDD - it loaded itself Legacy mode. The boot loader in the EFI/Clover/Ubuntu folder should still boot Grub OK.
You might have to go into the BIOS and reset boot order.

Purge Grub2 from the HDD - it loaded itself Legacy mode. The boot loader in the EFI/Clover/Ubuntu folder should still boot Grub OK.
You might have to go into the BIOS and reset boot order.

Okay, I didn't tried putting Ubuntu in EFI/Clover/, it was sitting in EFI/ only. But now if the problem arise again I'll try that. As I upgraded to macOS Sierra, everything is working fine now. And I just can set boot order for the devices only, as HP BIOS are pretty locked.
Thanks

Okay, I didn't tried putting Ubuntu in EFI/Clover/, it was sitting in EFI/ only. But now if the problem arise again I'll try that. As I upgraded to macOS Sierra, everything is working fine now. And I just can set boot order for the devices only, as HP BIOS are pretty locked.
Thanks
Sorry, my error I meant to say in the EFI folder with the Clover folder.

Sorry, my error I meant to say in the EFI folder with the Clover folder.
Then, I did that already, but still Ubuntu starts only instead of Clover. Now the problem is here again, I purged Grub from EFI/ installed latest Clover, and now putting Grub again in EFI/.

UPDATE:
Still the same, Ubuntu boots instead of clover.

Last edited:
UPDATE-2:
Purged Grub from HDD, still Ubuntu boots instead of Clover.

I have also same issue. One of my pc had installed Ubuntu. Now i want to boot mac os x using bootable usb. But not showing clover for boot and when i tried with F10/delete shows boot option with usb. Once click on that usb option shows "Reboot and select proper device".

Please let me know how i can resolve this issue....

I have also same issue. One of my pc had installed Ubuntu. Now i want to boot mac os x using bootable usb. But not showing clover for boot and when i tried with F10/delete shows boot option with usb. Once click on that usb option shows "Reboot and select proper device".

Please let me know how i can resolve this issue....
Without hardware info impossible to suggest solution. Please read the forum rules again and comply with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back