Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z370A II
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RTX 2070
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm trying to get my high sierra install to use my core i7 8700k for graphics as my nvidia RTX 2070 is not supported , but I'm not even able to get it to post when plugged in to my cpu through hdmi . I installed intel graphics with multibeast but nothing . I suspect it's because my nvidia card is still connected , am I correct ? I could really use some help here , I have no idea what I'm doing wrong . PLEASE HELP . . . Thanks in advance .

I'm trying to get my high sierra install to use my core i7 8700k for graphics as my nvidia RTX 2070 is not supported , but I'm not even able to get it to post when plugged in to my cpu through hdmi . I installed intel graphics with multibeast but nothing . I suspect it's because my nvidia card is still connected , am I correct ? I could really use some help here , I have no idea what I'm doing wrong . PLEASE HELP . . . Thanks in advance .
take out your unsupported nvidia card or do this:

Thanks for your quick reply , that post is talking about a laptop with mojave . I'm on a desktop with high sierra , plus I wanna update to big sur . I just thought I might try and configure the cpu graphics first knowing it was gonna be a pain to figure out . Or should I just update first and then address the graphics issue . Thanks again for the help !

Thanks for your quick reply , that post is talking about a laptop with mojave . I'm on a desktop with high sierra , plus I wanna update to big sur . I just thought I might try and configure the cpu graphics first knowing it was gonna be a pain to figure out . Or should I just update first and then address the graphics issue . Thanks again for the help !
maybe re read the link i gave you

Thank again , I must apologize I didn't even notice where you said take the card out . I did read the post again and it said to disable it in bios . I disabled the card in bios and it worked . But the graphics on the login screen very snowy and also is wrong resolution . Inside the desktop graphics is just as bad . Can you tell me how to fix that ? Thanks again for the help

Thank again , I must apologize I didn't even notice where you said take the card out . I did read the post again and it said to disable it in bios . I disabled the card in bios and it worked . But the graphics on the login screen very snowy and also is wrong resolution . Inside the desktop graphics is just as bad . Can you tell me how to fix that ? Thanks again for the help
best fill out your hardware profile correctly with the hardware you are using

also have a read up on:

Hi l0n3j,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 which uses the H370 chipset (Coffee Lake) and it has High Sierra running perfectly. I can help you get it to run the UHD 630 properly. This is how I got my Intel GPU to run:

Using Clover Configurator (latest version) I edited my High Sierra EFI/Clover/config.plist:

1) Added the following patches to ACPI:

Find Replace
change _OSI to XOSI 5F4F5349 584F5349
change _DSM to XDSM 5F44534D 5844534D
change EHC1 to EH01 45484331 45483031
change EHC2 to EH02 45484332 45483032
change XHCI to XHC 58484349 5848435F
change XHC1 to XHC 58484331 5848435F
change EC0 to EC 4543305F 45435F5F
change HECI to IMEI 48454349 494D4549
change HDAS to HDEF 48444153 48444546
change GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 49475055
change PEGP to GFX0 50454750 47465830

Fix Ipic
FakeLPC

2) Under Graphics removed everything but checked Inject EDID.

3) Under Devices, put 0x0 under all of the fields in the top left corner of page (where it says ATI, IntelGFX, LAN, Nvidia etc) and checked Inject, Add ClockID, FixOwnership under USB.

Also added the following at the bottom under Devices and Devices > Properties :

Devices:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

Properties:

for first device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3):

pci1-property.png

for second device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):

pci2-property1.pngpci2-property2.pngpci2-property3.png

4) Disabled SIPS in RTVariables:

CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67

5) Used SMBIOS of MacbookPro 15,2 for my configuration

Hey guys , sorry for the late reply . I been kinda busy , I just wanted to say thanks for your help and assistance . I managed to get an old gtx 1050ti that I had working . Mainly because I kept trying to update to Catalina but as much as I tried I could not for the life of me download the full installer . It would only download 19.1MB . I also tried the app Catalina patcher , and while that would download the full installer , the usb stick wouldn't boot no matter what I tried . I even tried downloading the installer on an actual MacBook Pro with same result . Such a disappointment , really like Catalina and not a fan of big sur just yet . So I decided to cut my losses and stick with high Sierra until I could afford a suitable AMD card before I try again . Again thanks for the help , I really appreciate it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back