Contribute
Register

Trying Hard to get Yosemite up and running, with no sucess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H97M
CPU
i5
Graphics
gtx 650
My system in details:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590S
Mainboard: Asus H97M-PLUS
Chipset: Intel Haswell
Southbridge: Intel H97
Memory: Corsair DDR3 16Gb
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Rev.2

I first made a Unibeast Install with Yosemite, that did not work at all. Came about 25 % on the bar when the "famous" spinning wheel came up, notting more happend. With verbose (-v) It said system uptime nanosekund....

With Multibeast and Unibeast I did manage to get to the Install screen with the boot tags -v -x
Then I got kernel panic when chosing language. Try once more then I got as far as the restart message. Restarted the system but the system hangs at some point. Tried again with boot flag -v -x
And got as far as registering a machine account, but there it hangs. I gave up.

Very Unstable. What could be wrong? what advice would you guys have, to get this working ? any other installation methods? Perhaps an older osx version. Or should I give up the whole thing.

All help is very much appreciated.

Enrico :beachball:

These are the instructions from this web site. Ignore them at your peril. A basic understanding of the boot process and partitions is very helpful:

If you have trouble reaching the installer, type -x at the Boot screen as shown below. You can type the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096, maxmem=8192, and npci=0x2000 by themselves or together in order to solve boot issues for older graphics cards and machines. Type -v to bypass the Apple boot screen and enter verbose startup mode. X58 and X79 systems always need npci=0x2000. For further explanations of boot flags, check out the post here. Also, if you need help with what to use for your graphics card, see the post here.

My experience:

GraphicsEnabler and PCIRootUID, more often than not one of them will get you there and will have to be entered at the UB reboot.

Your particular hardware should work. Read this website.

New users should not give up as it often takes multiple tries to learn what works for your particular hardware: you are using software in ways (and for hardware) it was not designed for using the amazing tools on this website. If you get installed then when you run MB first install just what it should take to boot off your hard drive/SSD. If you can boot reliably the rest is doable. There may be inevitable issues with USB 2/3 and Chimera does not access iMessage (which Is nice but not a deal breaker) but these are hardly deal breakers.

If installed correctly Chimera is very robust and good at accessing bootable OSX and Windows partitions.

Thanks for your very quick answer. I will try some more of the bootflags that you gave now, to see if that helps. I will come back with an report :)

Enrico

This time with the boot args you gave me, I managed to install it all the way. Mackintosh up and running. Now is the question, how difficult will it be to start again. I am going to check graphic card and sound, to see if that is working or not.

Thanks you Soooo much to you again

Hi agian,
As I tought the sound is not present. As I can see I have Nvidia High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. The Realtek is the main audiosource I think.

The Realtek card is of model ALC887 I did find this on the forum:

" Here is what I did

After OS X Yosemite fresh install, run MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.0.1

If you already tried different fixes, installed AppleHDA.kext & HDAEnabler.kext (System > Library > Extension )
you probably want to delete them before you start Multibeast 7.0.1

Select
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Realtec ALCxxx > ALC887/888b Current v100302
Then choose other options for your hardware (see my Multibeast configuration)

After Multibeast finished installation , open disk utility and repair disk permissions.
Restart and open sound preferences, select the right device for sound output.

After I have done all of that, my sound worked. The only problem I had was no sound after sleep.
"
Since I am very fresh at this, very fresh on mac also, I am not sure what to do. Does he mean that I must run multibeast and do the whole install process all over again, or will this patch the present system?

Enrico

My system in details:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590S
Mainboard: Asus H97M-PLUS
Chipset: Intel Haswell
Southbridge: Intel H97
Memory: Corsair DDR3 16Gb
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Rev.2

I first made a Unibeast Install with Yosemite, that did not work at all. Came about 25 % on the bar when the "famous" spinning wheel came up, notting more happend. With verbose (-v) It said system uptime nanosekund....

That is a kernel panic. If you are still struggling with Kernel Panic, then boot only with "-v" and post clear and entire screen photo.

With Multibeast and Unibeast I did manage to get to the Install screen with the boot tags -v -x

Multibeast is a post installation utility and no role in the installation process.

Then I got kernel panic when chosing language. Try once more then I got as far as the restart message. Restarted the system but the system hangs at some point. Tried again with boot flag -v -x
And got as far as registering a machine account, but there it hangs. I gave up.

Very Unstable. What could be wrong? what advice would you guys have, to get this working ? any other installation methods? Perhaps an older osx version. Or should I give up the whole thing.

All help is very much appreciated.

Enrico :beachball:

Post a clear photo of your screen with the kernel panic/error messages.

Thanks guys for replying. The yosemite is up and running, but I don@t have any sound. And seem to be a problem with my graphic card also.

Thanks guys for replying. The yosemite is up and running, but I don@t have any sound. And seem to be a problem with my graphic card also.

Which you audio codec you have in your system??
What is the issue with Graphics Card??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back