Contribute
Register

Truly small Mini-ITX case for hack mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H77N-wifi (F2 BIOS)
CPU
i3 2125 (Sandy Bridge)
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Having successfully built a Customac Mini (THANKS to all for supporting that project), I'm now looking for a tiny case to put it in.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a truly small Mini-ITX case. I don't need space for an optical drive or more than one hard drive, and I'd be happy to have an outboard power supply if it can power my components:

* Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3
* Core i3 2125 processor (65w)
* 60 gig SSD
* Some small USB-powered speakers.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm happy to drop some bucks if the case is truly nice.

sns26 said:
Hi all,

Having successfully built a Customac Mini (THANKS to all for supporting that project), I'm now looking for a tiny case to put it in.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a truly small Mini-ITX case. I don't need space for an optical drive or more than one hard drive, and I'd be happy to have an outboard power supply if it can power my components:

* Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3
* Core i3 2125 processor (65w)
* 60 gig SSD
* Some small USB-powered speakers.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm happy to drop some bucks if the case is truly nice.

how is this from tonymacx86..viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4802&start=0
:thumbup: :thumbup:

hardmantosh said:

That Sugo SG05 is 11" x 7" x 9," which is bigger than the Apex case that is recommended in the Customac Mini build (11" x 5" x 9"). It also has a bigger PSU--450w vs 200w.

I'm looking for something significantly smaller than either of those cases--preferably not much bigger than the itx footprint. While I don't expect to get to true Mac Mini dimensions, I want to be somewhere in the ballpark after giving up an optical drive and internal PSU.

samisnake said:
http://www.wesena.co.uk/product.php/5/2/itx2

dimensions
197mm×197mm×75mm (L×W×H)

have one of these with a h67n in it, i3 2105
if you want to put a dvd drive in it you'll need a low profile cpu heatsink
put I'm fairly sure you'll have problems keeping it cool if you do

works ok without dvddrive and cage

i think its bigger brother is a safer bet
http://www.wesena.co.uk/product.php/6/0 ... 58b83d4d9b

keep an eye on the cost these cases are expensive

the antec isk 300/100 worth a look too cheaper anyway

post back with your final decision

nige2000 said:
have one of these with a h67n in it, i3 2105

have you got any photos of that build?
would like to see it. have wanted an itx hack with that case for ages, but dont have any need for an itx system atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back