Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Fix is edit the serial number using chameleon Wizard. I can login iMessage and iCloud with the same serial of my Macbook.

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

I could kiss you right now! This solved my issue as I do have a real MacBook Pro and have been struggling to get my Mac Pro build working on my ASUS rig. I tried everything but this worked. Would explain why I could use my @att.net Apple ID but not my @icloud.com ID.

Before I go more harm than good, I was wondering if changing the serial number affects any registered programs on my hackntosh? I use allot of (paid for music) proggies, don't want to screw something up!
Anyone care to chyme in? Specifically Logic Pro X, BFD Drums, etc.

I have tried almost everything else, serial number and FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 are all I have left to try I think.

This error is caused because you need to add a credit card on your itunes account. I solve this issue with this.

Not true in my case. I already had a CC on file. I had to call apple, they asked for my name, a serial number of the device I'm using (gave them my macbook pro's), the apple ID in question, and the code and they unlocked it in seconds. I just had to quit Messages, open it back up again and re-log in.

My guess is that there's some kind of hunt for hackintoshes out there, since it seems to target just one device, not all. I could log in and out on any other apple devices I had, just not my hack. I could also log in using another account with a CC on it.

So to evade the "block" you'd probably have to change your serial number on your hack, and the hardware ID or whatever the heck it is they're blocking a device by.

My guess is that there's some kind of hunt for hackintoshes out there, since it seems to target just one device, not all. I could log in and out on any other apple devices I had, just not my hack. I could also log in using another account with a CC on it.

It's because Hackintoshes are being used to send iMessage spam and this is Apple's way to combat it. It will flag your Apple ID once you log into iMessage with a generated serial which is usually not a valid serial even if it looks legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back