Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as funny as it is the changing of my apple ID password fixed that jbalin88 recommended fixed the problem 100% for me. I updated chameleon too, but that did not fix it all the way. This is such an awesome site!

yay it work, this is how you gonna do, first, change the password, two, login to your idevice (do not login to the mackintosh yet), second, open iMessage on hackintosh, and sign in, and then, sign out from your idevice, but, you should see all the pop up on your idevice first, read it carefully :) this is make my day wonderful (i dont use chimera boot loader)

The password changing is not working for me. Same old same old.

It worked for me but it wasn't my only problem and it wasn't the only thing that I had to do:

1) My first issue also caused a minor problem with iCloud. That was that my serial number was not unique. I used Champlist to generate a new, valid serial number. I then manually updated /Extra/smbios.plist with the serial number.
2) After trying to login to iMessage a few times I then deleted all iMessage keys from the Keychain using the utility program under Other-> Keychain Access in LaunchPad.
3) I then Installed Chimera 2.0 and rebooted the system.

Note: The Chimera 2.0 update is critical because it creates a unique UUID file that is used by iMessage. Without that iMessage won't work.

When I first tried to login to iMessage it failed without an error. The second time I tried it worked perfectly. I see what appears to be duplicate-named private keys in the Keychains now, so I assume it has something to do with that.

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I was able to get the iMessage and facetime activated with chimera 2.1 but I had to rebiuld my hackbook pro from scratch and no luck in activation since. It seems chimera generates a new serial after a new install. Question is if I do get my apple id activated, what would be the best way to get the serial saved for a case where if I reinstall osx i can use the same serial (And possibility that the UUID could be re-added to chimera so for apple, my system would remain the same and new installs will not need scrutiny by apple?

Edit:
Forgot to mention using Kraken's method Facetime login worked, no luck with iMessage yet.

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I just installed 2.0.1 and it worked like a charm.

Thanks

The new version of Chimera (2.0.1) got Messages working for me.

Thanks!

Still not work for me "need contact customer care" any help please i use for communicate with my stepdaughter many thanks.....

Tried all the methods from tonymac and installed chimera....didn't worked..

any help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back