Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need to be logged in to any other Mac/iDevice to be able to activate your account?

I can only activate my Messages if I have iMessage enabled on my iPhone, soon as I disable iMessage on my iPhone the activation breaks for iMessage/Messages on my hackintosh.

I have tried all fixes and still get " Contact Apple Support ". Did change my Apple ID and password about 7 months ago. Not sure if that is the problem. If I log in with my partners Apple ID and password it works fine ( strange ) also shows her mobile number for her iphone. I have switch to a Galaxy Note II and have no iPhone anymore. Not sure if that's the problem?

I was having the same problem with imessage, I am running a Raid0 con my hackintosh, I went to the CPUKID youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/cpukid00 and followed the directions for the video on creating a fusion drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x1L9zdM0HA, just skip the creation of the fusion drive itself and follow the steps of moving boot files ,etc...I did it and now imessage works.

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I have 2 Hackintoshes and both required running the Chameleon install twice. Now everything works well.

Thank You,
J

For me, I had no success what so ever. iMessage was working just fine on 10.8.2, then one day it just stopped. I followed all the directions provided by this wonderful site and others. I keep receiving the error "Your Apple ID can't be used to set up iMessage at this time. If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below."

Any ideas? o_O

Actually, I just fixed the issue by resetting my password with my Apple id.
Thanks for the tip!

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Your APPLE ID : xxxxxxxxx@wwww can't be used at the moment.
If it's a new one, don't create another. To use this ID with iMessage, please contact iMessage assistant with this code
Client code : xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

This error is caused because you need to add a credit card on your itunes account. I solve this issue with this.

Hello!
I've been too bothered imessage topic, I have three Apple ID when you connect to a new Apple ID hakintosh gave a message can not connect to the server Apple. After installing the Chimera start giving to the provision of the code to support calls. With the introduction of the old Apple ID which I registered on my iPhone through the registration and connection. But my task was to connect the new Apple ID! In the end, I have introduced a new Apple ID on your phone, so get registered Account. IPhone then translated into the old account, and a new computer and the connection was instant.
May be a reason not to pass the connection is that the record was not Apple id activation on iPad or iPhone? But I still came out that way.

This definitely fixed my ability of being able to log in but now I have another problem. When iMessage is open I get prompted every few minutes to re-enter my password. It's quite annoying. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back