Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Chimera a two weeks ago and imessage was working wonderfully until the morning of Feb 26 when the FaceTime (never used before) challenged me for my password. iMessage crashed shortly thereafter and whenever I tried to start it up, I'd get the "Your Apple ID "[email protected]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." I tried Chimera 2.0.1 which didn't help. Here's what DID work. *I changed my Apple ID password.* I had an old password without a CAP letter and read somewhere that it might be an issue....which I didn't believe but tried anyway. I know, sounds like voodoo but thought I'd share it in case it saves someone else a few hours of searching around.

I am running a fusion drive setup and at first, this fix did not work for me. I was able to get it working by using Chameleon Wizard to do two things: first, I generated a new serial number and profile in smbios, and second, set my default drive (in org.chameleon.boot.plist) to my SSD in my fusion drive, which is disk (0,2) in Chameleon/Chimera. I then copied my /Extra folder to the "Boot OS X" helper partition on my SSD (disk0s3 on my machine). Just to make sure, I also extracted and copied boot, boot0 and boot1h to the correct places using the commands in Neilhart's guide. After a reboot, I was able to log into Messages and it is working fine. I know a few of you have fusion drive setups and I hope this is helpful to you. Like many of us, I've been working on this for a few evenings trying to get Messages working!

My build: GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7 2600k, Radeon 6870, 16GB RAM, MacMini 5,1 profile

Has anyone got it to work with a Fusion drive? Because i haven't. otherwise it works great :)

i ran the new chimera tried to log in to imessage and got the above message, rebooted and tried to log in and it works, oh also make sure you are either using ethernet or wifi card, both cannot be turn on and be connected to your network

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

You forgot the 'Call apple issue" that if you add a valid creditcard or login any legit apple device will fix the problem.

Or you can update your apple ID password. All I ad to do was add a unique character to the end of my password and voila! Chimera, Clover USB and Chameleon fixes all work.

as per comment 1, thanks for telling us that, but how about telling us how to know when it matches, i have no way of knowing this.

Anyway, from what i've seen the main article here is not my issue, i even tried a clean rebuild, used the latest chameloeon wizard to generate a unique serial, and imessage still wont login "Cannot be used at this time......" errors, it seems to me so far for many people this chimera fix is only partial, ie i can login if i get my iPad/iphone etc to login using the macs credentials then login again on the hack, and although this works every time it is NOT a full fix when the hack depends on having another idevice do the validating first. Basically i beleive although progress has been made it is not yet complete (we are missing something that apple is using to validate which hacks do not have yet).

I wish i knew more than i do having only been a hackintosher for about 6 months, i'd love to be able to fix this for everyone.

Use Chameleon Wizard to generate a unique SMBIOS.plist. Now apple recognizes 17 digit serials, all I had to do was add 6 random digits to the serial number and iMessages worked like a charm.

Install Chimera 2.0, then move Extra folder to the desktop. Mount your boot drives and copy the extra folder to the 2 boot drives (like you did wen you created the drive). Once done, reboot and try logging in - should be good to go!

Installed Chimera 2.0.1. - changed used serial number with Chameleon Wizard - Set Network Device Priority as described above - Erase all Network Settings then Re-Add Devices as described above. However, still this http://cl.ly/NEtw Everything else is working, App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud etc.

Any other options to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back