Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm brand new to this game and I'm running Mountain Lion on a Dell 755 just to see whether I want to go further and build my own system. I think it's going well, but I cannot setup iMessage for the life of me. I've tried Option 1 and 2 mentioned above, reinstalling Chimera, changing the serial with Champlist and Chameleon Wizard, and 2 different Apple IDs (one has credit card info, but I use a different one for messaging). I still haven't had any success. iMessage appears to login, but it won't register/activate.

Did I miss any ideas?

im having this problem too and im using Chameleon r2255. i tried installing chimera 2.1.1 but now i can boot my system...
is this Messages login issue only fixable using chimera or can i remain on chameleon and apply some other kind of fix?

Ive tried all the fix options and still no go. Installed the latest chimera 2.2 no worky. changed password, no luck. Changed credit card...Nope. Not sure what else to try. iCloud and everything else seems to work, just not imessage.

I was able to get iMessage working. I tried all suggestions, but nothing worked. Finally, I loaded Chameleon (r2255) with FileNVRAM module, deleted existing nvram.xxxxxx.plist and it logged in first try.

Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I was able to get iMessage working. I tried all suggestions, but nothing worked. Finally, I loaded Chameleon (r2255) with FileNVRAM module, deleted existing nvram.xxxxxx.plist and it logged in first try.

manchild, that is awesome! Tried your method, worked like a champ! Thank you!

Unbelievable , iMessage finally working , thank you very much manchild31. :clap:

Unbelievable , iMessage finally working , thank you very much. :clap:

Could you please explain what you did in detail?
Couldn't find this file in chameleon.
Thank you very much!

In general, it's always a real pain to find out how your solutions work you veterans post on these forums, if you're a newbe.
No bother ;)

Could you please explain what you did in detail?
Couldn't find this file in chameleon.
Thank you very much!

In general, it's always a real pain to find out how your solutions work you veterans post on these forums, if you're a newbe.
No bother ;)

Get chameleon wizard
install chameleon 2255 and fileNVRAM (found in modules)
I only have fileNVRAM.dylib in modules folder
delete existing nvram.plist from extra folder
restart

Was able to update to chameleon r2262 and still ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back